1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Deer ear opners

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by thomastaxidermy, Nov 7, 2014.

1. thomastaxidermy

thomastaxidermy Member

I have arthritis in both my hands and am finding it harder to open deer ears with regular ear openers. Does anyone know of any tools that can make this an easier process. I have seen the Ear Wizzard, Ratacheting tools and air tools on YouTube but they have no addresses to get in touch with someone. Does anyone know where I can get in touch with them or do you have an invention?

2. J Cook

J Cook Cook Taxidermy

I googled taxidermy ear wizard and came up with: racheting ear tool. Joe Coombs. 1-800-722-2327
    Ear wizard. Foot operated. 1-717-762-1103
    Hope this helps.

3. Look outside the taxidermy industry, i came up with some Ratchet type circlip pliers [outside opening] and welded different size ends to suit ear sizes.
    easy on the hands with Arthritis too.

4. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

The ear wizard from Coombs is the way to go. There is a youtube video on it you should watch. Just search Ear Wizard and it should come up.

5. tem

tem Well-Known Member

post it in the wanted section. that's ware I got mine.

6. thomastaxidermy

thomastaxidermy Member

Thanks guys for all the help. I'll be getting one.

7. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

If you have issues with your hands go with the foot operated opener. It does a nice job.

8. The Ear Wizard is not sold by Coombs, it's sold by me. At the moment I am out and waiting for a shipment. I will post when I have them ready. Thanks Gary