1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

You got to love HACKS !!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Tri-Ponds Taxidermy, Nov 8, 2014.

1. I just talked with a local taxidermist & he told me a great one. He had a lady bring him a Breast mount turkey that was dripping blood & grease, had bugs all over it. The lady had it done at a hack that didn't even flesh or put borax on the skin, The whole tail bone with all the meat was still in it. How can these people sleep at night knowing that the mount is going to fall apart days from leaving their shop ? Well now the taxidermist will not return their calls so,, The husband has called in a real good lawyer as he is high up in the Army. My friend will be sending them my way to get the bird remounted in the right way.
    The shop in question in located in Eastern Jefferson County in NY .

Just the thought of this makes me mad, as now the people get a bad taste for taxidermists, But me and my friend will make them have good thoughts again ,
    I just hate these rip off hacks that give real taxidermists a bad name !!!!!!!!!

Gregg i

2. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

The bugs will fix it eventually. The she will have a feather collection.

3. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

What an idgit!

4. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Are you sure you don't mean "Eastern Jefferson County in MO" There are a couple in Arnold, MO.

5. Had the local gun shop owner call me up asking if I could remount his 12 year old sons deer they just got back from the other local guy. He was $50 cheaper!

Attached Files:

6. livbucks

I hope that was a joke. That deer looks like it hung over a woodburner in a bar for 40 years.

7. No joke, other then it had antlers on it. That's exactly how he picked it up.

8. livbucks

The ear was like that? Really?

9. Why would he ever have accepted that?????????

Exactly!! the HACK probably put the kids antlers on a 40yr old piece of crap!

I would hope they took lots of pictures of that disaster and have intentions of suing that loser to get his money back and the cost of re-caping another mount by your friend!!

10. He is calling the people today to see how things are going, He told them to take tons of pictures and put turkey in freezer for proof of how bad it was. I hope to have pictures to post later today.

Gregg i

11. oh that's right Greg, your friend took in the turkey with all the meat still in it. I was just so taken back by this deer pic!! :mad: But in either case LOTS of pics and get an attorney or at the very least take them to a magistrate! These are the low lifes that give respectable taxidermists a really bad name and leave people that are on the fence deciding to never get anything mounted!

12. jmgriggs

jmgriggs Distinguished Wildlife Creations, LLC

DANG!!!!

13. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

The hacks will win and have won every time in court because " art" is subjective. That is their interpretation of what taxidermy should look and be like. It is up to the customer to like the "artists" work or not before "commissioning" the work be done. Sad but true.

14. Damn wish my deer looked that good., I would charge double of what I get now $20.

15. livbucks

You probably are just trying to make taxidermy affordable for the average guy. Good for you!

Keep trying........