1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW#40

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Samson, Nov 10, 2014.

1. wings II

wings II New Member

[​IMG]

2. ranger77

ranger77 New Member

gadwall best marked up one yet

Attached Files:

3. Samson

Samson New Member

Okay, I came back on-line after a day and see what happened! Lots and lots of wonderful work. ;D I'm speechless, literally (and that's saying something)
    I have tears in my eyes now, so much beautiful birds, how could I not be happy. Alka torda: I love the redshank , the short eared owl and the green eyed fish eating Monster ;) ;D just kidding.
    Rus tax. I think i never saw a duck Mount with a closed tail, but maybe I never looked that hard at the tail end of the Mounts? ;D I don't know, i always look at the wings first. The capercaillie is stunning, please tell me how you get the feathers on the neck Standing. I can't get them to stay like that, I even turned the mount upside down for 3 days, with no success. :eek:
    KMA: where should I begin?? your work along with the others always inspires me to try and give each bird the best I can. I love looking at all your ducks and it is incredible what can be done to make them come alive again. At first I hated ducks but with seeing them here I think I could get to like them in the future. Rai Red is also a person that pushed me in this direction with gifting me a nice pintail that I have to mount yet. I hope he is back soon.
    ranger77: that gadwall looks pretty, love the colours on it.
    A big thank you to all that have posted so far, I feel very honored to have found such a nice and friendly and also helpful comunity of taxidermists. :-*
    Greetings, Karin

4. Attached Files:

5. Samson

Samson New Member

J P Baker, I like the flying pose on that duck. It also looks very clean and well done. Thank you for posting.
    From me a favourite of my earlier work, as I am currently are mounting a black grouse with 2 big holes in it. That one will take a while... ;D ::)
    Greetings to all, Karin

Attached Files:

6. KMA very nice birds hell all of them look great, love the sun back ground on the redhead drake. If I can ask is that the panels from Walnut Hollow Country?

7. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    More recent work has appeared, I decided to add it to you, Karin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Samson

Samson New Member

RusTax very nice looking female harrier, what is that duck though? Your mount looks like straight out of the swamp, very lifelike.
    Greetings, Karin

9. oskare

oskare Iceland

rustax :eek: :eek: :eek: love your work.... samson nice raven... nice ducks..

one more for me
    [​IMG]

10. wings II

wings II New Member

Thank you Jason - I appreciate the kind words. Yessir - those scenic panels are made by Walnut Hollow :)

11. rmann

rmann Member

I believe the duck is a Garganey male, we try very hard to get them from game breeders that raise them here for our collections, but are hard to find deceased in full color as they are only in full color for a few short weeks.

12. Samson

Samson New Member

Thank you for the reply rmann. I was curious because of the size of the duck. The harrier is not very big itself so I wondered what the little duck could be.
    Alca Torda very nice puffin, I like the simple basework too. I once did one too but it was an old study skin from a Museum and I could not for the life of me get the hard as cardboard skin relaxed enough to make him look plump again. It ended up being a little skinny. ;D
    Greetings, Karin

13. oskare

oskare Iceland

thank you karin, yes the simple basework is what i do for stores/tourists here in iceland, the rock is from the 1973 heimaey volcanic eruption it's something they find very interesting, i generally dont like them would prefer to make my own :)

14. Samson

Samson New Member

Here is my puffin, not my best work but it was a lost cause to beginn with. 25 Years in the freezer and the fat was rock hard and very sticky. :-[ sorry for the picture quality (or the lack thereof) my camera died shortly after, maybe it could not stand the bad puffin mount, he he. ;D
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

15. carplips

carplips New Member

my mallard that i just did man i can go awhile without one[​IMG]

16. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Had to put these under glass. I live in the desert and it gets very dusty here.

Attached Files:

17. A Cock a Woodie and a Goose. Stay warm this weekend!

Attached Files:

18. Thanks for doing a great job hosting Karin!

Attached Files:

19. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

I was going to post my goose but my backdrop is too small...lol... :(

20. Is that one of Tony's rooster heads birdstuffer? Nice birds by the way!