1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for something different for my first truly big buck

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Pinger, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Pinger

Pinger New Member

Hi
    I'm trying to decide what form to use for this buck I was fortunate enough to harvest this year. I'm not a taxidermist but play around with skulls and camo dipping some. I want something that will show him off.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks guys and ladies

2. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Go to your local taxidermist tell him your concerns and what you want ; Do a search on game heads of the week , loads of deer heads to look at . I do that when looking for ideas . ;)

3. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

I always like the look of a semi sneak with the head up. Several places provide them. Real cool pose I think. In McKenzie Taxidermy supply it is the 64U series of whitetail forms. You should be able to google it or go to their online catalog. One of my favorites.

4. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Any form will make a nice mount. For a once in a life time trophy, I would go with a free standing Pedestal. I can make that deer look good in anything from a upright to a full sneak, its all about what you like.

5. I like pedestals as well look at some Ohio Taxidermy Supply forms. I love the look of their new pedestal! That deer will look good in any pose but keep in mind how and where you wanna display when picking a mount. Alot of hunters like the idea of how you saw it coming in as well. Sneaking, head up, etc.

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Here's something different:

[​IMG]

Strangely enough I recently got a deer in that has that almost exact same odd point!

7. Pinger

Pinger New Member

Lol I like that one.

Yeah I'm thinking wall pedestal, but need to decide where he will be hanging first or should I say where my wife will let me hang him ;)

8. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

Jesus Roy that is funny Jim. Lmao. Cool mount.