1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Odd brow pattern

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jhunter13, Nov 11, 2014.

1. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Shot this buck tonight and it has an interesting hair line on its brow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know if this is from rubbing trees?

Thanks

Jon

2. AaronWolf

AaronWolf Member

Looks like a cut or scar from fighting.

3. I agree from the pictures the hair pattern looks spot on but it looks like another buck gave him a haircut.. When you lay it back is skin, scar there?

4. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Thats the first thing I did, there is no scar below the hairline.

5. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Sure looks like the hair was cut, could be from going under a fence, who knows. Maybe he is going bald LOL

6. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Yep, male pattern baldness, poor sucker. There is a million reasons for something like that, deer live a tough life.

7. Deerman

Deerman Member

SC
    get a couple like that every year

8. No one wil ever know, I mounted one a week ago that has a spot like that. Rubbing, fighting, dont know don't really care mounted up and leaving tomorrow thats what counts.

9. GregJ

GregJ Active Member

Many years ago I shot a buck as it came out from behind a tree following a doe. Rushed the shot and "missed". He ran 20 yards then stopped to see where the doe went (rut was at a peak). 2nd shot dropped him and he had a distinct cut hair line across the front of his chest. The angle perfectly matched the angle of my first shot. I'm absolutely certain my first shot gave him a high speed haircut.

I wonder if maybe someone sent a round right across your deers head before you got him. The hair looks cut just like mine did.

10. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Abrasion for sure.

11. One of my dogs gave herself a "haircut" like that (& probably a headache) by mis-judging a fence wire at speed.

12. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

Congrats on the buck! Looks like a scar or cut hair its great character.