1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1/2 lifesize forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ozzy49938, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Trying to find a form to do a whitetail 1/2 lifesize forms. Problem is coming from is the deer has a 26 inch neck measurement 3 inches below the war butss. Can't find nothing close yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks up front
    Ozzy

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Revolution.

3. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Where in the hell are the war butts located?

4. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Get one of the suppliers to do a "Partial Pour" they can pour a 1/2 body from most life-size forms.

5. Gotta love them war butts, and the autocorrect function on these phones.

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yes, what Jerry suggested. I just had some half l/s's poured, you just have to ask them.

7. Ok thanks for the help so far. Still having trouble finding a 26 in neck in life size. Revolution has one close but customer hates the pose. Go Figure. Van Dyke has a couple that might work so 2 questions outside of the bigger guys who else might have a bigger lifesize form. Have looked at Mckenzie, Van Dyke, WASCO, Research, and Matuska. Then I have a 26 inch measurement across the atlas. Is there a way to get a good guess of the neck tight under the ears. As that is how Van Dyke tends to measure their lifesize forms. 8 in eye to nose. Hate to thaw it out to measure it. Thanks again for any help you can give me.
    Ozzy

8. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Talk the customer into a lifesize!

9. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Get the biggest you can get then alter the form with mâché or two part foam. Sometimes we as taxidermists have to breakdown and do some alterations. If you alter the neck you will have to carry your alteration down through the shoulders as well. I also agree with Jerry and Matt, if you can find someone that carries a life size close or right on what you need.

10. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Dan Chase might have one, I seen a few in there today as I was looking for a half lifesize corsican sheep form.

11. HillsideTaxidermy

HillsideTaxidermy New Member

Alterations what the hell is that.