1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New NTA Website

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, Nov 21, 2014.

1. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Other than a couple of instructional video's that have to be included yet, the site has been revamped. A new events calendar has been installed where any event you want included could be. Check that out. The find a member section has been reworked as well, and the sliding pictures are off now. Check to see if this work's better for everyone now. Thanks for all the input. Let us know if there are any other issues you see or have. Thanks

http://nationaltaxidermists.com/

2. i still liked the slideshow picture statements :-\ but its very nice, good job everybody :)

3. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

Tim, the page loads in about half the time now that the changes were made. That's acceding from taxi.net through my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

4. Tim,

I was wrong in the picture slider causing the delayed loading, it is still is taking 2 to 3 seconds for the page to load/refresh on my end. I am not sure what is causing the slow load, if I figure it out before you I'll let you know. I have tried it on 2 computers using IE and chrome, 3mbs DSL.

5. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Loads fine for me.

6. antlerman

me too.

7. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

I have been hitting this site several times over the last couple of days and loads fine.... I now see that they have down loaded a lot if not all the members... Looking Good ......
    Rich

8. antlerman

The video's on how to use the site are now posted. You can update your personal information OR if you want to advertise an event on the events calender an instructional video is provided for that too. All updates have to go thru an approval process, so don't be expecting an immediate response. Could take 24-48 hours for your update to be posted. Thanks and enjoy the site.

9. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

The site looks great and works great!

10. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

The search engine for looking up members, and business is working great..... I have my logo on there and shop name.... Looking Good

Rich Miller
    Spirit Creek Taxidermy

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I must have some crappy internet, because it takes forever to load on my computer.

12. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

It was ...........

It was working fine. But I just clicked on it and it is now taking about 30 seconds (forever in computer language). And I have cable modem.

Kerby...

13. antlerman

Don't understand. I'm on DSL and not have a problem. Takes about 3 seconds.

14. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Right now I'm connected using AT&T.From the time I clicked the NTA link to the time it took to show up was 3 mins and 22 secs.

15. It loaded in about 2.2 seconds for me.

Nice job on the site.

16. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

It just ......

It just loaded FAST just now. So not sure why it is slow and then fast?

:)

Kerby...

17. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

It was a server related issue. It has been resolved.

18. Very nice; very, VERY nice. Worth waiting for. However (didn't you know there would be a "however"?); on checking the map location for my family, locations are off on some of us. Lola Haynes is shown on the west side of Poplar Bluff on a wrong road. Charles Haynes is shown in ENGLAND, of all places, rather than in Missouri!

19. antlerman

Ruthie, yes that problem does exist for sure. There are many reasons for it though. Some is because many members records have not been updated since the 911 emergency coding went into effect. Others have moved and not updated. This is why we are asking everyone to update their information. We can only make it right with involvement from the membership. Make sure you update the needed information so it can be corrected on the site. Thanks

On deceased members, that notation is being included on the Life members pages. Any information that anyone has on deceased members would greatly be appreciated.

20. No Tim, not the info. It's correct. Just the google map is squirrelly. Charles' address in Salem comes out Sale, England, when I click on the map. I thought it was funny, and just a teensy bit ironic, in as much as Grandpa Haynes (Dad's father) came from Twyford, Bucks, England. Gave me a good laugh, which I very much needed. ;D