1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tanning videos

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by 120k9, Nov 24, 2014.

1. 120k9

120k9 New Member

I'm wanting to get into tanning fur. What are the best instructional videos? I have searched and found videos but was wondering which ones were the best and have the most info? Thanks for any info you can provide!

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

If you are serious about getting into tanning furs, like I was, go buy those videos and determine which ones are the best. If you are not willing to spend money to learn, then it isn't worth starting in my opinion. I spent a couple of hundred dollars on DVDs when I wanted to start. If you just want to check it out, Research Mannikins has one, if you want to use Liqua tan, that is very good.

3. 120k9

120k9 New Member

I am 100% serious about starting to tan fur! I was planning on buying a bunch of videos but didn't want to miss one that is good and has a lot of info.

4. If you want to tan furs, please move to Iowa. To add to tanglewood I bought a few from fur fish and game magazine that are pretty good as well. Can't think of the names of them now but they are listed in the magazine if you have access to one.