1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ December Holiday Edition 2014!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ December Holiday Edition 2014!!!!!!!

A warm and festive Holiday Greeting from Hinsdale New Hampshire! I hope you’re preparing for the holiday and enjoying this time of the year with friends and family! I was give a great gift that is my great friend and all around father figure to me Richard Christoforo is alive and well after his heart surgery! For the record he does in deed have a heart I know because the doctors to me so! In all seriousness to be so close to loosing some one so dear is sobering and we should all reflect a little on what we have and whom we love in our lives!

I want to give you a GIFT from me to you! We all share so much here I want to share a little of what I do. I have a complete set of reference photos for you that are all downloadable and in very high resolution for your personal collections. I selected the Yellow Perch as it is somewhat of a Global fish we all can benefit form having more reference of for the collections! Just go to the page listed below and follow the prompts to get the Yellow Perch reference set as a gift from me to you! https://anglersartistry.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18_3&sort=20a&page=2 I leave this up as free on the site for a week or so as an early Christmas gift I hope you enjoy!

Once again want to thank and commend all of you, as there are so countless unique contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from many many years now! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in November for Fish pictures it was and thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We all share in fish pictures as a common place with friendliness and positive observations of inspiration as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I thought it would be different and fun to share a few photos of fish work in progress. We all have the opportunity to share work in progress so maybe a few photos of your work in progress this month might just be fun!

I want to share with you this month a fellow who started his journey in fish work as he would say “Kinda late” but has the equal passion as a man ½ his age! Mr. Edward Andersen of Merrimac Massachusetts is a fishhead through and through! I hope you enjoy his efforts of the last few fish Ed completed during his latest workshop with this old fishhead.

Please enjoy the month of December and the inspiring fish photos supplies by all the great fishheads from all over the world! Have a great month!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in January 2015!!!

So here we go and here is to a great December and a great Month in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon in my travels and be good to one another!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Ed and both of his cool fish!

[​IMG]

Ed’s LM Bass

[​IMG]

Ed’s Black Crappie

[​IMG]

My Best
    Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com/store
    like us on facebook !!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry

2. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Rick...so glad to hear that your friend Richard C. is recovering well :)

Attached Files:

3. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice work Ed and another wowsah from you Rich......super tight detail work.......NICE.....you really captured the flesh tones and repro hair follicles on the display arm too..... ;D

4. AnglingArtisan

Thanks Brian...yeah I know I am quite ape-ish :eek:...got arm hair like Robin Williams :-[
    If anyone has the skills and a spare minute, feel free to black out the background...it would probably look pretty cool;)

5. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

darn....I was gonna ask what RTV you used........btw if Kerby sees this, he does a lot of that.....

6. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

Here's a quick once over.

Attached Files:

7. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

My wife got nice pike last summer and finally I got it done...so here it is!

Attached Files:

8. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Nice pike JP!! Ollie

9. AnglingArtisan

Ahhh yes Sweet Steelie Brian!
    CCarlson Thanks so much for taking the time...that looks much better 8)
    X2 on the Pike JP...nice one!

10. A skin mount Brooky with cast head n natural fins. The photo hasnt picked up some of the body colours, but gives you an idea. ;)

Attached Files:

11. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice Brookie John and Pike JP.........

12. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

Wow!! a bunch of great looking fish this month. Benders brook trout looks like a replica. Perfect body lines, fins and head to body junction. JP, I love the subtle, earthy tones of your pike.

13. Thanks for positive comments Brian n LL , its always encouraging . Difficult for me to decide what to post as the standards on here are always soo high. ;)

14. Its been a hell of a year here. Slowly but surely things are getting back to normal. Its been ages since I have posted anything.
    So I figured I would finally put something fun up.

15.5" Crappie replica, Ice scene.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. dougp

dougp Active Member

Beautiful Josh! Great to see you here again......hope things are well with you.

DougP

16. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Really good fishwork everyone. I really like how your Pike mount has almost an upland nobility to it JP. It definitely has a specific sensibility about it that I really like. And, between Rich's arm and Josh's ice vignette I'm loving the habitat too. The reflection of the trees in the ice hole is cool. That's some finish. Also think its amazing how the first pic looks like an amazing piece of flat art, and then the second looks like a high definition photo of a live fish.

Brian, Rich, Bender, nice work as always.

Best, Scott

17. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Great work as allways everyone !Josh that crappie is AWESOME !!

18. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    N.Pike 14 lbs. Custom replica. Ollie

Attached Files:

19. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Bravo Red Stag! Love the shape of that N. Pike!
    Best, Scott

20. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

beautiful scenery Josh and
    Ollie, superb job on your pike, fantastic