1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Elk pedestal

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Dudeman, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Dudeman

Dudeman New Member

I have a 351" elk and am thinking of doing a pedestal mount. What forms are your favorites?? Also I have seen many elk pedestals and I believe that the pedestal size is crucial to making to mount look proportionate. What size pedestals do you like?

2. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

[​IMG] The mount on the lower right is one of my all time favorites. HQ makes great elk forms ( I don't believe the form on this page is what Marcus used on this mount )

3. hfparker

hfparker New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]Both of these are on Aaron Connelly forms sold by HQ. In my opinion it is the best elk form out there. The 2nd one is the same one that is in the HG catalog its just a shot of it while it was still setting in the shop.

4. Dudeman

Dudeman New Member

Thanks for the replies. What size pedestals are you using?? Deminsions?

5. Dudeman

Dudeman New Member

I'm going to use the headquarters Connelly form with the change out head. What I'd the best size pedestal for this form?

6. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Why u gonna change out the head? Bases on an elk always look best smaller rather than larger. Just my opinion

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

Here's one that I love, but it's one that I converted to a ped form. I usually never buy one that is a ped form unless that is what my client wants. Its really simple to convert any form and your client will have a lot more choices.

Attached Files:

8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Custom built southern red cedar pedestal, McKenzie mannikin with cast lip system

[​IMG]

9. Dudeman

Dudeman New Member

JoeyM. That looks great . Do you know the deminsions of that pedestal?

10. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Sent you a PM