1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Don't see this very often, Labrador duck reproduction...

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Lizardfeathers, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

I wonder what the reserve is... :eek:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Labrador-Duck-extinct-bird-taxidermy-reproduction-Pied-Duck-Stuffed-rare-duck-/191432209752?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c923fb558

2. rmann

rmann Member

It says at bottom of post now that someone asked, so reserve is $395

3. I wonder if it is legal to sell ? If any real feathers of migratory birds are used ?

4. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

It would be illegal if any wild migratory birds were used in making it. Seems to me that the feds don't watch that stuff very much. We have people sell wild shot waterfowl on Craigslist all the time around here and their response to it is we know and we tell them they can't but dont do anything about it.

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

most likely the white parts are call duck,but the tail is definetly a wild bird,surf scoter or hooded merg.......feet also is not call duck but look like divers....all in all a very poor reproduction mount....unless he was going for the "antique" look...

6. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Dave Luke had a piece in Breakthrough Magazine doing one of these. JL

7. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Aar made fantastic recreations of them, look at his homepage " Alive again Recreations "