1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wisconsin Moose Taxidermist Recommendation

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by northwoods, Dec 3, 2014.

1. northwoods

northwoods New Member

Hi all. I'm looking for a professional taxidermist in the northwestern or central Wisconsin area. I would like to get a very special moose done and would like top-notch quality. Preferably somebody with experience working with moose. I would appreciate any recommendations and would even consider somebody in the eastern part of Minnesota if they were the right person. If you would rather PM me than post, please do. Thanks for any help.

2. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I usually don't respond to posts from non taxidermist people on this site but Mike Orthober would be the first person in Wis that comes to mind for me. One of the best all around Taxidermist that I know in the beautiful state of Wisconsin, he is in Egg Harbor. You could also call the Association of Wisconsin Taxidermists and get some recommendations. There are many, many good taxidermists in Wisconsin. I know driving and delivering your antlers and cape is the reason you are saying northwestern or central part of the state but if quality is truly a priority to you then broaden your geographic search. I also know that some are reluctant to recommend others only because a lot of us know each other and don't want to get into the sensitivity that comes with these kinds of posts. It matters not to most of us who you pick, that's your decision anyway.

3. northwoods

northwoods New Member

Thanks for the reply B Jones. I appreciate what you said and don't want to create any sensitivity. I just needed somewhere to start. Thank you again.

4. Look at the Wisconsin website they list members addresses so which ones are in the area you are looking for Pat Wagner and Dave blank would be a couple more to check on

5. I'm in dodgeville. Check out Rickey Ridge Taxidermy Studio on Facebook or go to WWW.rickeyridgetaxidermy.com

6. northwoods

northwoods New Member

Thanks guys.