1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Charging more than $65 for a duck, you're over charging,LOL

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AFWS, Dec 6, 2014.

1. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

You might be over charging for your work . ;D http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=186597

Couple of the comments

I used to have a cousin that would do them for $40. The first three were pretty shady but, they started getting much better after that. He's up to $65 now.

I was quoted $225 for a duck. But I can't see paying that price for a duck when I only pay $250 for a deer.

2. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Wow.... I wouldn't touch any of them and tell him to kiss my A.... if he didn't like it. My charges are 200 for a duck and that is Cheap..... We won't even go into the charging for a deer as this has been bashed on to many times. I'm not sure but this topic seems to get people pissed off so with that I'm not going to carry on this subject anymore. The one saying is you get what you pay for...... a Yugo or a Cadillac..

3. Rich the post was meant to incite a argument among taxnet-ers. Purely for his enjoyment.

All should disappoint his expectations.!

4. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    When I was a kid I would mount a duck for a friend for a box of #4 reloads Then I did them for $15 dollars a bird when I worked at a wholesaler! :-\

5. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

I have to agree just disturbing old crap and trying to incite more crap with pricing blog.

6. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

I do deer and birds. ... guess I'm no good :( [​IMG][​IMG]

7. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

not really,,it shows people can't tell a quality mount and they're price shoppers.Check out the link.

8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Some people are stupid and pay for a Cadillac but still get the Yugo because they don't know the difference between good and bad taxidermy. I have seen some guys who charge crazy prices for crap so higher price does not ALWAYS mean better quality.

9. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

You notice all the people saying that got great mounts for cheap never seem to have pictures of these gems. ::)

10. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Active Member

(You notice all the people saying that got great mounts for cheap never seem to have pictures of these gems. )

No they just steal picts off someone else's web site and post it to there Facebook and call it there's. ;D

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

These threads are always great, and seem to be everywhere these days! From one of the wise, stupid should hurt!

12. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Let me tell you guys something, these state blogs are nothing but a bunch of cheap wads trying to get something for nothing. I was on the kentuckyhunting.net and a guy was putting deer skulls on an ant hill and doing his European mount that way. He didn't even skin the damn thing. Little did he realize that in November the freakin ants go deep underground!!! DUH!! I tried to tell them that the correct way to do it would be to use a dermestid colony and then bleach or whiten the skull after the bugs did their job. I also mentioned that I charge $190.00 for that service. WELL, you would have thought that I had just robbed Central Bank!!! Ultimately they banned me FOREVER from the site. One of the cheap wads that was too tight to spend more than $35.00 complained to the mods and that was that.

The customers that you want are DEFINATELY not on these sites. In some cases it's a bunch of kids that don't have two nickels to rub together but want to act like they do. In other cases it's know it all's that really don't know squat!! In any event, it's simply a joke to realize that this industry has so many people in it that do $hitty work and act like they are experts. This is kinda funny. One of the guys that was saying that I was robbing people showed a pic of the euro that his "taxidermist" had done for him. The skull had the upper palate bones gone, the panel was the wrong shape and the skull wasn't even centered on the panel. The pic he took was inside what appeared to be a rundown trailer with big black marks on the wall and wires going up the wall to the light fixture. Well, I guess when I mentioned that not all people could afford good work that was the wrong thing to say...... :eek: :eek: :eek: