1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hide paste ?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by cj, Dec 7, 2014.

1. cj

cj Member

To make this short between some help and myself we mounted dp deer with pro one hide paste, after three days realized what had been done when deer was not tacking up so with caulking gun and tubing shot some caulking if rom back under hide and worked around, but it does not seem to want to dry either any ideas? We are both learning and this is a practice deer so no big problem but was just seeing if anyone knows a solution thanks

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Well, I don't know much about dp and pro one as I don't use either. Assuming that they are both compliant with eachother, what are your drying conditions? If you shot a lot of caulk up in there, it will take some time to dry. It won't dry in cool humid conditions.

3. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Ditto on what Matt said. Give it some time, the glue and caulk will dry at some point. On future DP mounts, use Dermagrip, or your supply companies recommended hide paste.

4. cj

cj Member

No the pro one and dp are not capatable with each other,but I did not notice he use it until after three days when I noticed it was not drying that's when we used caulk, seems to be setting up but it's taken its time. Thanks

5. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

DP hides also take longer to dry than tanned hides do.

6. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

It will set up eventually. you can speed up the process by having a de-humidifier in the room with it and having a fan create a gentle breeze past it. I'd stay away from any direct heat though.

7. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

It will set up eventually. you can speed up the process by having a de-humidifier in the room with it and having a fan create a gentle breeze past it. I'd stay away from any direct heat though.

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

look at it this way....if you were to powder you hand with lets say baby powder, the put your hand on glue do you think your hand would stick? the layer of powder or dp stops the glue from direct contact to the skin its self...the glue will eventually set up but will never actually stick to the hide....the layer of powder is between and stops the glue from doing its job to the fullest..alot of people are big fans of dp...I am not one of them for this reason...I would also make sure you pin down all the areas of detail you want to keep while its drying.....good luck