1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Critiques please!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Redfisher, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

How's my whitetail deer looking? Let me have it, I have thick skin.. Just finished mounting this one up, 8" eye to nose.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

2. I think he looks awesome!!!!! I'm not a pro though.

3. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

eyelids are a bit heavy

4. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

I agree thee upper eye lids are a little heavy. By the way who's form is that looks great

5. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

Thank ya'll. mounted on a Joe Coombs. I'm going to put him on an oak pedistal base.

6. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

What form # .. Just curious

7. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    Looks like a little too much clay under the nose pad, it looks like too much of a "dip" in the transition of the nosepad and septum area from the side view pic. That is just being nit picky tho that deer looks awesome!

8. verne

verne Well-Known Member

If he`s just mounted, the eye lids will shrink ,. Like it :D

9. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

95-7323L.

10. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

I'll take better pics when he's all finished up, and on the pedistal.

11. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

The only thing I would say is maybe check the eyes with a caliper, it looks like the right eye isn't as opened up as the left. Could be the photo though. Quick fix, nice job.

12. tem

tem Well-Known Member

all in all. looks good. whats up TR.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Hair pattern in the ears, you have a few fuzzys sticking out, that should be even with the edge or slightly turned in a "hair".

14. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Looks good to me.

15. Your forehead hair pattern is off a bit and ear edges need some work. Nice job, defiantly looks like a Texas buck.

16. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

Working on the habitat. Coming along good so far, no problems yet!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. Redfisher

Redfisher New Member

Thanks for all the critiques, I really do appreciate it. They will help me on the next ones I mount. But in all, I feel I've improved leaps and bounds from where I was a year ago, and a lot of my training came from tips and tricks on here. Thanks everyone. Just have finish work on this one and on to the next!
    [​IMG]

18. Matt

Matt Active Member

As stated the ear edges need alittle work. That hair usually runs in towards the top inside of the ear. I like the heavy lids, most big mature wts around here have them and I "enhance" them every chance I get, it looks good. One thing that jumps out at me is the ear butts. The lower (Zygomatico Auricularis) lobe should have alittle more "round" shape. All and all, he has expression and I like it. I see so many that miss the expression mark, keep up the good work.

19. I like it a lot. I am with Matt on this one the heavy brow or ruminant swell is often left out on most big old deer. I like the jaw line also.

20. 8Point

8Point Member

Wow do you guys/gals make me look bad....... How depressing.......