1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

pictures

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by giveem3 steve, Dec 8, 2014.

1. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

I don't know if anyone else has trouble posting pictures but I am. I can't seem to take a picture that is anywhere close to small enough to post. Just wonder what you guys and gals are doing to get you pictures to upload on here?

2. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

A couple of options. If you are versed in a photo imaging program like Photoshop, … you reduce the final image resolution to 72 pixels per inch and when you save as .jpg adjust the Quality of the image down to the point where the image is less than 128K.

An option which allows for even better quality and larger images, which can exceed the 128K limit is to (a) Upload the images to your own web server (many with their own websites have this option), or (b) Many of us use PhotoBucket (photobucket.com). It does not cost anything. Then within a New Message here, use the Insert IMG button (beneath the Italics button above left) and paste the URL of the image in between the IMG tags. For PhotoBucket, Click on the "Share Links - Direct Link" field to Copy the URL and then Paste that info in-between the IMG tags in your taxi net message.

I know it's a bit more info than you asked, but I see more than 50 others have read your post, and not answered, and also someone else here recently asked for similar info too.

Hope this helps.

3. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Active Member

NW Ohio
    I use photobucket. Upload there and then use the img code to post. Used to be a bit easier but now you have to erase eveyone thing not in the code.

4. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Just CLICK on the field next to the "Direct" link title, and it is copied to your clipboard.

Then Simply paste it as is, in between the IMG tags here in a message.

Attached Files:

5. wings II

wings II New Member

Steve - whatever photo hosting site you decide to use you will want to keep (re-size) your pictures 640 x 480 or smaller so that they (via the IMG CODE) will display on taxi.net. call me tomorrow if you have any questions and I'll walk you through it best I can.

6. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Thanks for the responses. I'll see if I can figure it out. It wasn't always this difficult. Seems like phones and cameras are making it so. Thanks again.

7. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

Also if you wanted to you can copy from the box that says [ IMG] next to it and paste directly into the post you are writing without having to click the button on the post menu to insert the [ IMG][/ IMG] thing in there...

8. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Thanks for the tips guys. I have been playing with a few different things and seems to work. Got a few photos to post on the hunting thread.