1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

exotic birds for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by JBird, Dec 9, 2014.

1. JBird

JBird Member

As we all know the more you thaw and refreeze a specimen the more potential for slipping/damage. Because of the high value and rarity of these I will not thaw them even slightly to take photos. I wrap my specimens in three layers of airtight plastic so unwrapping and re-wrapping can be a pain. If anyone is genuinely interested in any of the birds I am happy to take a photo for them but keep in mind it will be a frozen bird so not everything will be visible but I will do my best. I will give an accurate description of each. Price is firm on individual specimens but willing to give a discount as a group.

1. Stanley or Paradise crane - large male, pinioned, excellent feather condition, perfect/straight toes - no damage to bill or plumage other than pinioned. Gorgeous whole frozen $600
    2. Asian Pied Hornbill, some minor defects to the bill cascque but otherwise feather perfect, very rare large hornbill species - whole frozen $700
    3. Ocellated Turkey - large male but a little pin feathery, damaged primaries not all tail feathers grown in - would make a beautiful standing mount whole frozen captive raised (not good for flying/strutting) $500
    4. African Black Sparrowhawk, huge sub adult female so still the brown/earth tones color perfect condition, gorgeous (import paperwork available if requested but not required) $700
    5. King Vulture. Whole frozen very rare to find, nice specimen 20 year old adult, damaged primaries so standing mount only, the only visible damage is to the row of black feathers between the pink coverts and main secondaries, I have a whole bag of perfect feathers to replace if requested, otherwise most people wouldn't even notice - for the finicky taxidermist ;o) full winged, captive raised very large female $3000

please email any questions or inquiries directly to me at [email protected] again I'm happy to take some images for serious buyers only.

2. jakepeak1

jakepeak1 New Member

Any spare feathers or a mix of these birds spare feathers you willing to sell? are you in the US?

3. JBird

JBird Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    asian pied hornbill on top sub adult african black sparrowhawk on bottom
    [​IMG]
    african black sparrow hawk
    [​IMG]
    abdim stork
    [​IMG]
    trumpetor hornbill