1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hair long at the burr...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by keriWCL, Dec 10, 2014.

1. keriWCL

keriWCL Member

On a mount here and there I notice that when I mount it up the hair seems to long at the burr. I don't remember it looking like that when I skin off skull. What am I doing wrong...? Can I fix the couple that are already mounted up?... Cut down? Dare I say that? LOL... Thank you for any insight... ;D

2. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    Is the rack set to deep? Or to far toward?

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

The antlers have to be set wrong if that's the case. Only time when that hair is "long" around the burrline is early season prior to really hitting the trees.

4. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

The length of the hair should not change due to antler set. She may need to rotate the hair around the burr more to the side. As Matt mentioned the hair in the front get worn down but is longer on the sides by the ears. JMO

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

a picture would help, instead of making us speculate what the issue is.

6. KFLAH

KFLAH Active Member

It's hard to tell without a picture, but maybe you are adding too much clay around the burr and skull. Remember, there is very little meat in those area's when you cape the deer...but that is just a guess without seeing a pic.

Kevin

7. quest

quest Member

Utah
    Some deer have long hair over the burr.