1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hulked out WhiteTail Form

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Keith. C, Jun 26, 2007.

1. What supplier sells the most Hulked out WhiteTail Form? I have a request for one and want to get the most musculer looking one on the market...Any help would be great.

Thanks Keith

2. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

Fosters Supply has some that are WELL defined muscules, and can be "Hulked out" easily.

3. Do they have a online catalog that I can check out?

4. cht

cht New Member

second nature has one cant stand it I have a rt ss I'd sell you cheap. real cheap

5. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

Keith
    sent you a pm

6. mount it

mount it My Mount

Dan "A Supply Company" has some also. E mail me if you need the ph # . Randall

7. Joe Coombs.

8. Ok guys I'm going to take a look around...he is dropping the cape of soon so I can get a measurment on it and then I will know exactly what I'm looking at.

9. Steve-o

Steve-o Member

Hi Keith
    A rasp and bondo is usually what I do when I want to make more defined muscles on a form.

Steve

10. jamredskins

jamredskins New Member

Hulk it out your self

11. chase of the dan taxidermy

12. Dan chase does have some tuned up forms, if you can get past the crooked faces. I used to have to go through 10 forms to pick one that i would use.

13. swampfox

swampfox New Member

Joe Coombs, better anatomy than Dan ( a supply company). ;)

14. all i use is Joe coombs. In my opinion he has the most lifelike forms on the market. I will only use others if he doesnt have the one i want. And thats very seldom. I get alot of real big neck deer in. and sometimes i have to go elsewhere but not if i can help it.

15. Joe Coombs has a lot Mckenzie also has a line of larger mature forms i think under Ben Mears Name.Researh Manikins may also have a few.

16. coreyponder

coreyponder New Member

foster's form is what you are looking for if you want muscle detail

17. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Just sandpaper your wedges in deeper & you can even make a McKenzie form look muscular. If I ever get my darn camera back in the mail I'll take a picture this weekend of one I mounted wednesday that I had to detail some muscle into a McKenzie 96-8025R Full Swell

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

This is the Whitetail I mounted last week. This one is just a regular ol' McKenzie 9600 series, I just take a little extra time and sand in the detail using the grooves molded in. I also put extra amount of hidepaste in the groove & then feather it out once on the form.. Hope this helps.

Form with sanded grooves & without
    [​IMG]

sanding in the detail
    [​IMG]

the sanded grooves
    [​IMG]

The muscle detail showing on the deer.
    [​IMG]

The mount
    [​IMG]

P.S. I am not looking for a critique so please blow roses up my ass. Thank you, Mike ;)

19. michaelf

michaelf New Member

Try Joe Coombs.

20. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

Man! Michael P, that looks great for your first whitetail!!! ;D Keep up the good work! hahahhaa JUST KIDDING ::)