1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for a high fence hog hunt near Michigan

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ryanolson72, Dec 17, 2014.

1. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

I get asked frequently about hog hunts now that Michigan has shut them all down. I am not even sure what states still allow this, but I would be interested in northern Indiana or northern Ohio. If anyone has a recommendations, please feel free to message me or respond on here.

Thanks

2. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

http://www.saltcreekhuntingpreserve.com/
    Been to this place several times and have enjoyed it. It's under new ownership since the last time I went (9yrs ago?). It is very hilly and you need to be in pretty good shape to get around. When I hunted it, it was in 500 acre enclosure. From my house in Lansing it is a 6hr drive.
    Ralph

3. tom k

tom k New Member

When did they stop it in Michigan?
    Tom

4. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that they have stopped it but I know they are putting a bunch of regulations on it so the ranches are having a hard time still doing it.
    http://www.trophyranch.com/
    Ralph

5. ryanolson72

Thanks Ralph!

6. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

Is David's Hog Wild still in operation in the UP? that would be my first choice.

7. ryanolson72

As far as I know, there are no more hog operations in Michigan. I could be wrong, but the Michigan DNR put stringent regulations on high fence hogs in Michigan

8. If you want a really fun/challenging hog hunt try Shawnee ridge hunting preserve in stout Ohio

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

9. tom k

tom k New Member

There was one in Negaunne, MI that my son went to with his boss and and a few buddies and they all got hogs. My sons was a 3-4 year old and weighted in at 400lbs. It didnt have the real long tusks, is was a Russian boar. They went in Sept. of this year.
    Tom

10. ryanolson72

Thanks tom, I will look into that!

11. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Boy, can't think of any in Northern Ohio...all around the river.

12. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

Thunder Hills 248-249-4710. Still booking hunts as of last week.