1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Home made fleshing machine ?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by dihard, Dec 18, 2014.

1. dihard

dihard aim small miss small

I'm in need of a fleshing machine I only mount 2 or 3 deer a year. Was thinking of making one..I have almost all the parts except the blade to build one .wondering if anyone would like to share some advise and pictures of there home made machines ..do you think it will be worth my time to make or should I just buy one .. If you have one for sale I'm interested
    Thanks

2. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

If your a machinist with all the metal working equipment , and have the time and just want to do it go for it .. Other wise buy a used one... My dad build the first one I had some 30 years ago still works today made it from billet aluminum but he was a tool and die maker& machinist and knew what he was doing

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

If you only do 2 or 3 deer, do yourself a big favor and just send them out to be professionally tanned. You'll spend as much money on effort and supplies as you would if you bought a quality machine and it's doubtful your's will be.