1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Here we go again anti's are winning

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AFTHUNT, Dec 20, 2014.

1. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Active Member

I just got email from the Wisconsin DNR. This totally getting out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

In response to a lawsuit brought against the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia has vacated a 2012 decision, which delisted wolves as an endangered species.

This decision returns wolves in the Great Lakes Region, including Wisconsin, to the Federal Endangered Species List.

Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and Department of Justice legal staff are reviewing the decision to determine how it will impact Wisconsin’s wolf management program. Further information will be available following this review.

Immediate implications of this ruling include the following:
    •Permits which allow lethal removal of wolves issued to landowners experiencing wolf conflicts are no longer valid. The department will contact permit holders to alert them.

•The department is not authorized to use lethal control as part of its conflict management program. Non-lethal tools and depredation compensation remain available. Those experiencing conflicts with wolves should contact the United States Department of Agriculture – Wildlife Service for conflict investigation and management assistance. USDA Wildlife Services can be reached at 800-228-1368 in northern Wisconsin or 800-433-0663 in southern Wisconsin.

•Wisconsin’s law allowing landowners or occupants of the land to shoot wolves that are in the act of depredating domestic animals on private property is no longer in force. Landowners may not kill wolves in the act of attacking domestic animals.

•Under Federal Law, you cannot use dogs to track and train on wolves.

•Wisconsin is not authorized to implement a wolf harvest season.

While the department is disappointed by this decision, we will continue to support USFWS and their original decision to delist and remain confident in the State of Wisconsin’s ability to manage our wolf population.

2. nate

nate Active Member

Yep, same with Minnesota. Knew it was only a matter of time!!

3. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I love wolves, and even I think this is nuts. Our wolf population here is healthy, and state management was going fine. http://www.ussportsmen.org/news/breaking-news-federal-judge-returns-great-lakes-wolves-endangered-species-status/

4. bailey-outdoors

bailey-outdoors New Member

That's just stupid . It's our God given right to defend our livestock. And our homes against invaders!

5. Swamp Angel

Swamp Angel New Member

I can foresee a bit of SSS coming in the near future... ::)

6. Dark Man

Dark Man Active Member

I heard about this the other day and couldnt believe it. Everyone i talked to that hunts up north are seeing,hearing,and stumbling over nothing but wolf tracks.even if i wasnt a hunter id still be pissed off, the quota here i believe is around 300 wolves and according to wdnr numbers theyre totalled over 1000.not counting whats on the reservations.i live in oshkosh,which is in the east central part of the state,and there was a wolf at the park one block from my house.in a city populated over 75,000. this pissing contest that all the anyis have started has to stop

7. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Well F them SHOOT SHOVEL AND SHUT UP LAW just went into effect..like it hasn't been in years LOL

Michigan UP deer herd at NEW LOW Approx 100,000 in the entire U P

8. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Active Member

The antis know that there will never be a sustained herd of 150 wolves' in every state but they also know that not managing them will lead to extremely low deer numbers and that leads to people not deer hunting which is a win for them. We the hunters of the US must stand together and put an end to the humane society. The one huge thing I don't understand is how ONE judge can make such a important decision this should be decided by a panel of judges so the humane society cant influence them with a pay off. All this is a judge interpreting the endangered species act the way she think it reads.

The funny part is who is paying for this management well lets see NOT THE ANTIS it comes from the natural resources funds which hunters pay for. Want to see all [email protected]!! break loose lets live trap the wolves from WI,MN and MI and start to relocate them to ,well lets see Iowa, Ill, Missouri, Kansas and Ohio I bet there would be law suits filed in opposition of this they don't want them. If they had them the wolves would run the river bottoms and wipe out the deer and the antis would win again. This is why all states need to join forces and fight this not just the states that have to deal with them now.

Here is something to think about the dnrs say coyotes don't live near wolves That is bull it is just the opposite they thrive around wolves(coyotes learn to live in the most populated cities in America virtually un noticed) the small pack 2 to 4 wolves kill a deer eat their fill leave the coyotes move in in silence and clean up the kill result full bellies and bonus no energy expended thus coyote thrive. Up here the dog hunters kill 100's of coyotes every winter in the same areas and the population never goes down.

9. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

EXACTLY, stupid feds don't realize that now they'll loose more wolfs with out a harvest count and management system.

10. balsamln

balsamln New Member

WI
    My kids were playing outside this morning and came running into the house because there was a "dog" by the chicken coop. Upon further review....there was one "dog" track in my yard and at least three other tracks further back in the pasture. Last I checked, I live 20 miles from the nearest reservation, so it wasn't a pack of rez dogs. Based on the tracks, I'm certain it was a pack of wolves. I guess I have some work to do this winter to make sure my kids can go play outside without fearing for the worst. I don't need some hippie liberal judge telling me what I can and can't do to ensure the safety of my family and livestock.

11. skippy

skippy Member

I wish they would care about human life as much as they care about a fricken wolfs. I have them here in my back yard also.

12. gunner62

gunner62 Gunners Buckhorn Taxidermy

W.I.
    Living in Northern Wisconsin and watching this nightmare unfold before my eyes is very disheartening, Having wolf tracks in my yard is a common occurrence, Personally I think the anti's will be able to bring a end to deer hunting as we know it here in Wisconsin unless something changes fast. This is the third year in a row I've taken in more bears than deer.

13. MattsyKun

MattsyKun Member

Sheesh! Until they get out there and actually know what it's like to have wolves running everywhere, close to our homes and our families and livelihoods, they're going to sit in their comfy armchairs and tell us what to do. :/

Even here in Illinois they're talking about making them an endangered species because of the wolves coming from neighboring states. We'll see how well that goes...