1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #46

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by igor, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Samson

Samson New Member

Alca Torda, yes it was the bad shot bird I showed in Whats On Your Workbench. It turned out OK. ;D
    Igor, patience is all what a taxidermist must have to finish such badly shot birds. ;) my Mantra all day was: don't give up, don't give up, don't give up. 8)
    I don't know where to start with the other birds? Cheri, your pheasant is beautiful, why do you not like it? Igor, your chickens are very cool looking birds, how did you train them to stand still on those wood plaques? ;) All the other ducks and the small grouse are beautiful to, no matter if from a beginner or not. You will always be proud of your first bird, because you got it finished too ;D My very first mount was a European jay, they are considered beginner-birds over here. Sorry I don't have a picture of it anymore. It was later eaten by my dog Bessy ::)
    Greetings, Karin

2. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Thanks for hosting Igor, it was a pleasure to meet you this year. I am still absorbing all the info I got from you. And Great birds everyone , like I said you get something from every mount.

Some fellow should be opening several boxes of birds today . This mount is one of them. I always enjoy putting Huns together.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas.

Attached Files:

3. Troy Rose

Troy Rose Learning...one of life's greatest treasures!

Hello Everyone,
    I realize this is the BOTW but I was hoping to get a little input. I'm thinking of a piece to take to the world show, if not this coming year then the next time it's back in the States. For all you Birders out there, would you rather see two birds together, maybe a pose like this one together with the one that is on the cover of Breakthrough or just a single bird. Also, cattails, corn or grass for habitat? Please feel free to PM me with your thoughts! Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

[​IMG]

4. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

Long time ago but have been busy whit works and when i came on at i shoud have taken a finish photo so has it been picked up already :-/ so not often i have had finnish photos.
    but here is one some was half rotten and slipped alot :mad: so not the best result but get it together :-\

And Merry Christmas and happy new year All !!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

5. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

here is a finished little bird but not the base but hope it is okey :-\ closes to the Finnish photo i have :)

Attached Files:

6. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

OMG....Ole....its so cute. So glad to see your awesome work again.. ;D...Merry Christmas to you and have a great new year..

7. igor

igor Member

Good evening bird brains ,
    We had a one more great day with all your work here. Thank you !!! :)
    Jay, your work is always inspiring, very clean, very pleasant for eyes. This Group is very nicely done. I had big pleasure to meet you too and see your wonderful work.
    Troy, it is a very impressive composition. You are the master and probably don't need any advises because you know what you are doing. Just my 2 cents, I love your groups...
    Ole, my friend, thanks for posting your birdies. They look alive, no matter if they were rotten... Very, very good. :eek:

Here is one more hahahaha... Beep-beep

[​IMG]

See you all tomorrow... I hope ;)

8. Samson

Samson New Member

Igor where is the Coyote? ;)
    great birds everyone!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!!!
    Greetings, Karin

9. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

I wish you a merry Christmas,I wish you a merry Christmas....and a happy new year 2015! Great holidays to all you my taxi-friends all over the world! Enjoy and take care with you family and friends!

JP a.k.a Taxi-Lover from Finland

10. Thanks for hosting Igor! Been busy lately and haven't posted much but finally got around to downloading some pics. Great work as always everyone, some really beautiful mounts lately

11. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody![​IMG][​IMG]

12. Very nice Ducknorris! Those are true works of art!

13. igor

igor Member

Merry Christmas everyone !!!

Wonderful ducks are posted today . As always perfect ![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

14. Beautiful work everyone! Thanks for hosting Igor, I love your work.

Duck Norris, amazing as always!

Merry Christmas everyone!

15. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Igor, thank you for hosting, as always, exceptional quality of work. Duck Norris, wonderful duck, I especially liked the gadwall. robolson, grouse - a weakness of mine, thank you for the beautiful job.

Well, of course we would like on behalf of all Russian taxidermists to congratulate all of our European and American colleagues a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014. And we want to wish all the family happiness and great success in our field and labor and let all your deepest desires come true.

Russian Association of Taxidermists

16. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Have been out of town for 4 days to visit my parents and find a husband for my Gordon Setter Ullys to breed and found this BOTW when I came back. First of all, Igor, thanks for hosting the last round of this year, your birds have been an inspiration for me all the time and also all the other mounts are grandiose but I have to say : Karin, I am happy that I could help you with this black cock and what you did out of this bird is great. You are doing such a lot of badly damaged birds, that I would never do to live your life and that is great, go on and so I want to wish you all here a Merry Christmas and a happy new year 2015 and that we will meet again here in the future and share our knowledge and work with those who are interested and I hope, that we will get some new members here and see some new work.
    I did not want this year go without participating something, so I went downstairs into my new done basement and finished this bird, e hen spectacled eider from my breeder friend in Austria.
    So take care, from Germany,

Rainer.

Attached Files:

17. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

First of all I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas with family and friends. The Grandkids wore me out yesterday but love to have them around bed by 9pm.
    Igor I still get a kick out of the things you get in especially the ones that have a note attached, "I think there is a head in there somewhere" Kudos man I would just toss in the garbage...
    Rainer as always you are a very upbeat kind of guy wish I had that in me also, nice Eider!!
    Duck Norris picture perfect as usual I have a nice Can in the freezer and like that one for sure.

[​IMG]

18. Awesome work, everyone!
    Duck Norris,
    Love that Gaddie. One of my favorite birds!

19. igor

igor Member

Christmas Eve and day are over and it is time for me and maybe for some of you too go back to work ... Till new year eve :)
    We got some congrats from different corners of our net. Thank you all !!!
    And some of your great work too !!!!'
    Rainer , we are glad that your basement is ready for work. And the girl your have mounted :)))) looks so good and real.
    Wolfgang, every time I see your work I would love to spend at least a day at your shop to watch you doing your ducks. Very good looking .

Here is one Christmas gift , the mount made out of two badly shot birds in HI and rotten after 2 weeks just keeping on some trace of ice. I don't have Kerin's patients to glue all feathers around a butt :( Enjoy it as is :))))[​IMG]

See you all tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

20. Samson

Samson New Member

Igor what is that bird? Frankolin? Looks good, you don't see that it is from two damaged birds.
    Greetings, Karin