1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

White otter for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Ncoop77, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Ncoop77

Ncoop77 New Member

The otter is medium to large in size. Picture is available on link below. Location is Obion county. I'm asking $850.
    Thank you.

http://s87.photobucket.com/user/Ncoop77/media/otter_zps24c86859.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Attached Files:

2. Nightweaver

Nightweaver Member

That english makes this smell fishier than an otter.

Pics and location, and price is a pretty much must for a sale as a heads up.

3. chad0321

chad0321 New Member

What was otter caught in? ;D

4. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

PM'd you! Thanks

Marc

5. AH7

AH7 New Member

Ha! Sounds like a real specimen! How about posting pictures and price?

6. RWOOD

RWOOD New Member

How about 4 dollars and a half a shiner bock?

7. Nightweaver

Nightweaver Member

Use photobucket or tinypic to upload pics, and then post the direct link. Im dying to see this.

8. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Getting a new computer will not help you to post photos here. Upload your pictures of the otter to a free site called Photobucket. You then post the links here so we can see them.

Quite honestly, if it's head was run over, if there is any damage at all in any way to the head especially it will not be worth $1000. The eye skin, ears and mouth need to be perfect.

9. Ncoop77

Ncoop77 New Member

What would it be worth sea wolf

10. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Ain't worth crap without a CITES tag. Make sure you have that and good luck.

11. Sea Wolf

That would also be true depending on what state you are in. Many states allow you to salvage road killed animals and will tag it for you if needed. I know NH is one of them because they did it for me when I found one that was dead on the road. Get your local Natural Resources officer on the phone and ask. Just ask if they can tag an otter that you found dead so that you can keep it. You might want to leave out that it is white/piebald while you are on the phone. In a lot of states, for you to sell it, it has to be tagged to be legal.

12. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Sea Wolf, as far as I know it is a CITES listed critter, matters not what state it is in. Yes, some states will allow you keep a road killed critter but not all. I'm guessing this person wasn't aware of the laws pertaining to this.

13. lokireptiles

lokireptiles Member

Sea Wolf- NH is a tough state. I think they have tightened their laws recently.

New HampshireIt is illegal to kill and possess parts of cougars or lynx taken in-state; only the heads, hides and feet of moose, deer and black bear may be sold.

New Hampshire Fish and Game Department; Fish and Game statutes; hunting regulations; information on laws including roadkill regulations:
    Roadkilled deer, bear, moose or turkey may not be collected without a permit.

In my experience with NH is if it's not listed as "permitted" it's "illegal".

14. Sea Wolf

Might have changed it but the otter was picked up two years ago .. and I live in Massachusetts. Called NH DNR and a very nice officer met me at a location in NH and tagged it for me. Asked me what I was going to do with it and just told him the truth, that it was a beautiful piece of fur and I wanted to keep it, possibly have it mounted and not see it get squashed all over the highway and wasted. He was happy to tag it and said they would do that but didn't get many requests for it. As for cougar, I don't think NH has had any cougar since 1906 and any sightings so far have all been conjecture. Not sure about lynx.

But if you are going to sell any type of wild animal that you have found dead, you need to check with your state DNR and make sure you can do it legally.

15. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    If I am not mistaken it doesn't matter whether it was trapped or road kill it still has to have a cites tag to cross state lines. Either way, something tells me this thread is just going to fade in to history....;)

16. michelle127

michelle127 Michelle and Ron Ream-Life Mbr - NRA,NAHC,DAV, VFW

17. lokireptiles

lokireptiles Member

Sea Wolf-

I think the key in NH is "sell" verses "keep it for yourself"