1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

please vote for grand champion

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by jvan, Dec 29, 2014.

1. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Not a bad smally. I hate the split in the anal fin and I'd lose the sugar maple
    leaves. Other than that, not bad!

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the Maple leaves M.T.? Having lived in New England I can tell you along with some awesome smally fishing, there are lots of Maples, Beech, Oak, you name it out there that will blow you away with their fall colors. Something I still have not seen a match for in the midwest I reside in now. Someone told me about the fall colors in southern Indiana once and when I saw them I nearly cried in embarassment for them compared to New England.

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Duplicate.

4. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Gee whiz Cecil, twice? lol. anyways, we have tons of sugar maples here in mid michigan, I would just IMO not use them. I think they look ..well..I just wouldn't use them. Nothing wrong with them,

5. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

Yeah, there's no reason to be ugly. We're all here to help, be helped or admire. There was a time when everyone on here was just starting out and not that good, so as far as I'm concerned no one should talk negative except for constructive criticism when asked of course. I have to be honest, some of that keeps me from posting a lot of times. I have to really think about my posts, try to word them right blah blah blah. I thank all of you that take time to respond to my pleas for help and opinions. I think the nasty ones should be taken off of here

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I agree ..............

I agree .... I LIKE THE LEAVES. It adds artistic value to the mount and is different than the typical fish on a stick.

:)

Kerby...

7. Bit of a dumb question but how do you even vote? I see a mention of a poll but cant see it at all under the entries.
    I tried in Chrome, Explorer and Firefox. No poll visible in Firefox or Chrome and nothing but the brown background image in Explorer.

8. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

I see a lot of folks still jumping on ely for his response. I think jvan handled that part well, but let's just say that type of response could have been avoided completely if the initial posts were handled differently.

To vote, once you enter your login ID and password on Rick's site, You'll click "2014 December Grand Champion" in the box on the lower left and on that page scroll down below the video to see the pictures of contending mounts and a bubble matrix to pick your favorite. Seems to still be open for voting. I'm using an IPad.

Best, Scott

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

No issues voting but I registered as I will be ordering some cd's in the future. Been doing this for 30 years but can always learn something new. Perhaps the guys that had issues weren't registered?

I see your point 1fish2fish but the tone by the poster was uncalled for. I should know as I used to be in that negative mind set. And once it gets started the negative posts feed on each other. This is why I try to stay away from the Industry and Current Events categories for the most part, as there are about a half a dozen trolls there that wait to pounce on people. And I don't want to be dragged down to their level as I have in the past.

Life is to short to be involved in petty quarrels. The people in my age bracket are dropping like flies, especially taxidermists.

Why die a mean ol' grumpy balding taxidermist when you can die happy? ;D

10. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Hey Matt.....would like to see one of your Smallies to see how it's done...... 8)