1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The "Before and After" Thread.

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by wings II, Jan 2, 2015.

1. I'm the same way Igor LOL! Great job! ( I thought you mounted him that way) haa! We've been left behind in the computer age!

2. Dark Man

Dark Man Active Member

"Dear igor,sorry i hope theres a head in there somewhere" Lmao! Good job

3. From a while back...
    Before
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

4. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

before and 20 minutes later....lol

Attached Files:

5. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

LOL you're right.......it was catching our breath for more mass consumption.....kinda like Lays potato chips, cant just eat one...... ;D

6. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

my record is "21" sliders . . .

7. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Bucksnort....got me beat fo sho LOL............. Can appreciate what you guys/gals go through to create those awesome mounts. Many someday will try one. Have only done one and it was an albino squirrel but I cant find a pic. Really like your work KMA, Brooke and others. I just enjoy seeing the behind the scenes because I know what I go through for skin and repro mounts. The average person doesnt realize the long hours to produce quality mounts.
    But back to work KMA, yes sir..........here we go with a friends Walleye I recently finished up:

Attached Files:

8. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

Passenger Pigeon restoration from a few years ago...

Before: came to me looking like this. On some kind of weird paper mache base filled with DIRT. Huge crack down the breast and neck and just really filthy.

[​IMG]

Here's the weird dirt stuff in the base.

[​IMG]

Here is the finished piece. Gave it a new base and habitat and touched up the paint. Gave it a good cleaning as best I could and groomed it. Added some missing feathers, mostly from the tail, with common pigeon feathers that matched.

[​IMG]

9. ch258

ch258 New Member

Utah
    Frankengrouse before and after. I should have tossed this one away because I spent way too much time on it, but I did like the challenge. The original bird was missing quite a few feathers on the back, breast, flank upper and lower tail coverts, and head. I bought a fly tying pelt on ebay to cut up into parts to replace the problem areas. Also, the bird was starting to slip feathers around the tarsi and wings, so in fear that I would lose the whole bird, I used hydrogen peroxide to lift blood out of the feathers. You'll have to forgive the picture quality because I took them with my phone.

Attached Files:

10. ch258

ch258 New Member

Utah

Attached Files:

11. ch258

ch258 New Member

Utah
    Reconstituting fly tying pelt, and replaced flank feathers

Attached Files:

12. ch258

ch258 New Member

Utah
    Saddle and breast

Attached Files:

13. ch258

ch258 New Member

Utah
    left side was the problem side.

Attached Files:

14. Wow... very nice Clayton

15. igor

igor Member

Re: The "Before and After" Thread.

WOW. Amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

16. ch258

ch258 New Member

Utah
    Thanks for the complements guys.

I too think that walleye is fantastic, and love the passenger pigeon. That would be an awesome privilege to restore one of those.

17. Nice job Clayton. As I scrolled through each picture I kept thinking to myself "no way is this gonna look like a bird at the end". I'll be damned.

18. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Nice work guys...........

19. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Re: The "Before and After" Thread.

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Dang it..how did you get it to look so ,so undamaged. ..wtg