1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The "Before and After" Thread.

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by wings II, Jan 2, 2015.

1. After

Attached Files:

2. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Nice work Alex, Red and Mire.....here's a huge pike I did for a friend.........

Attached Files:

3. Countryisfun

Countryisfun Member

Midwest
    I wish I had a before picture to show you guys. But I don't, so going to try to discribe my terror.....
    I washed this pheasant and he was just wonderful looking. Put him in the washer to spin out the excess water. Opened the lid and the washer had "ate" him. I had over 2 cups of loose feathers, a body torn almost in half, and a tail torn into 3 big chuncks and 6 individual feathers! Knowing this was this guy's only pheasant and a possible once-in-a-lifetime bird, I tried hard to fix him. Here was the result......

Attached Files:

4. Re: The "Before and After" Thread.

How funny Matt. I just got off the phone with Ted last night and he sold me on one of those too. Makes me feel like it was a good decision and money well spent knowing you are trying it also.

5. Countryisfun

Countryisfun Member

Midwest
    is the new end flexible or stiff? It looks like it would do a good job either way. I like how they made the syringe "wings" bigger.

6. it's stiff and works GREAT!!!!

7. oskare

oskare Iceland

Here is a fieldfare that was attacked by a cat missed most of its breast and was torn
    spent 3 hours figuring out how it was suppose to go together
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thank god i had one spare skin that was ruined but had its breast
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wolah
    [​IMG]

8. Dark Man

Dark Man Well-Known Member

Damn alca nice job!

Kma awesome thread,once I get my lazy arse back to the shop I'll hafta post

9. That would be close to the best save I've seen on here Alca,well done.

10. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Whow...thats what it was...dang impressive. ..

11. taxidermyfun

taxidermyfun New Member

I put an extension tube on the caulk tube for turkeys but dint think of doing it for smaller birds, I like the syringe KMA. Some of these torn up birds I would never do if a customer brought them to me. You guys have must like the challenge lol, right now it is just a challenge to put together a regular looking bird.

12. Hi guys just a question on the syringe tips your using,how easy are they to clean? hot soapy water

13. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Oscare, the best ever save, wow, outstanding !!!
    Rainer

14. thanks idbatman

15. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

There you go!!

16. Thanks guys :)

17. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

page 7 before; After:
    [​IMG]

18. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

Thanks Alex! Nice bird ya got there as well! Here is one I mounted up a couple weeks ago, took some pics just for this thread!

Place I generally get bodies from didn't have one of these guys, so I just carved it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Re: The "Before and After" Thread.

Kinda taxidermy related. We will be doing a shoulder mount on this guy. I put an arrow in him in October and the dog lost the track. Figured he was dead....but 3 nights ago he messed up...for good. You just can't come out in front of my husband while it's still light enough to shoot.:eek:

The 2.5 year old buck is just for size reference. That's a Boss Buck 400# feeder.

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

20. Re: The "Before and After" Thread.

Holy lord that's a big one! Go Randy!