1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW # 1/2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by rai_red, Jan 5, 2015.

1. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Good morning friends of bird-taxidermy all over the world.
    Like the past two years, again it is a great honor and pleasure for me to host BOTW and I am happy to start with the first in 2015.
    I hope, again we will show our mounts here to inspirate and give ideas to other ones and I also hope, that we will find a lot of new-comers here, who are not shy to show us their finished work.
    After my basement is dry now and I can work again, I will offer you a bird, that I have to place on an other basement in the evening and I hope till then I will find a lot of pictures here.
    I wish you all a happy new year 2015, a lot of luck and healthy and let us share our passion this year like we did in the past.

So thank you all, Rainer.

2. roonie

roonie Member

i dont do many birds or taxi due to allergy but here goes. I put this bird over in habitat forum due to the snow i found at the dollar store...best snow ive seen...but like i say....dont do much taxi.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

So it is, as I hoped, you offered me the first birds of my hosting week and I am very happy

Jay, that you contributed with one of your fabulous flying sage grouse, hope to get one male any time, your birds always seem to have no pin-feathers because they look really clean and smooth
    OFF, that is a stunning collection of sea ducks, together with your habitat in the case you have something very special for a long time and your redhead drake is so beautiful in colour, that I can`t wait to do mine
    roonie, I can`t believe, that you dont do many birds, this resting sharpy together with the snow-scene is great
    Here now, as I told you in the morning, my contributions, first a rook I did for a friend in Croatia

Attached Files:

• rook.jpg
      rook.jpg
      File size:
      114.8 KB
      Views:
  4. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and second, it is an older mount, a bearded tit, that died in my own aviary nearly 20 years ago

Thanks, Rainer.

Attached Files:

5. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

seeing that rook brings back good memories ,from Scotland hearing them on the rooftops and in the pines around Biggar

6. igor

igor Member

Great start! Love that tit

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

7. Haven't been able to post any pics lately, but here's a few.

Attached Files:

8. Mallard Pair

Attached Files:

9. Woody in the snow

Attached Files:

10. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Pose was per customer request to show band.

Attached Files:

11. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Another view

Attached Files:

12. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

A turkey I took to Nationals last year.

Attached Files:

13. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Beautiful work everyone. Im gettin motivated ;D.

14. Rainer - thanks for kicking off the new year by hosting BOTW! I still get a chuckle every time I read your signature that says "proud german DU member (probably the only one)".

Don't have time to individually compliment each one at the moment but nice job on the birds so far. Always my favorite thread to login to view and y'all never disappoint.

I will say that I've never been a fan of "preening" or "scratching" poses. For some reason have never liked them. But the way you utilized that pose to showoff the band on that greenhead is FANTASTIC! Made me a believer.

15. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

A couple out the door...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. OOPS, I posted on the wrong BOTW ::) Oh well, I like it so much I'll do it twice
    [​IMG]

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Well, good morning my friends and nice to have some more contributions here on BOTW today.
    Duck hunting is coming to an end here in Germany and because of a lot snow and low temperatures including a good moon, we are nearly out every evening to get some wild-boars and foxes to prevent our gamebirds, hopefully we will do a last big jump-shooting-action next weekend by the rivers.
    But now to your mounts my friends,
    wildturkey58, I dont know, if I ever have seen something from you before but what I see today impresses me, your gliding can drake is beautiful as your incoming mallards and your resting woody is also a show peace you could be very proud of
    dmac1175, your turkey-mount is first-class, I brought back a bearded hen turkey from the states for myself but I dont know if I should use the original head or if I should try to get an artifical from someone, any help would be great and as it was said here before, you choosed the perfect pose for your banded drake mallard
    Brian my friend, I am very happy to have some mounts from you in my week and what shall I say, it is like every time, perfect in scene and perfect mounts, your mallard and the resting Euro-wigeon are a pleasure for my eyes
    ntx, I saw your spec mount in Igors week and it is a fantastic mount but this pair of greenwings together in the habitat-scene are stunning, thank you

I hope, that this was not all, so I am waiting for more to come,
    Rainer

PS : and Jason, it is like I said, I am very proud to be a DU-member because I love to hunt waterfowl in the States and of course anywhere else too and I think, DU does a lot to make it like it is and I dont know why I should not take part with my membership, so they can do their work to prevent and help waterfowl, that we still can live our passion of hunting

18. ch258

ch258 New Member

Utah
    Red golden wall mount

Attached Files:

19. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Clayton, your red golden is a stunning beauty, I raised them 25 years ago and did a few of them but never as good as you, fantastic work, makes me want to do one too

20. Beautiful pheasant Clayton. Here is a pig I put together. [​IMG]