1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW # 1/2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by rai_red, Jan 5, 2015.

1. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

nice gadwall popeandyoung, I love this ducks, they are not really colourful but the nice, big head, the red and white in the wings and the waves in the breast makes them special

2. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Clayton
    Excellent display I love it..
    Here are two more finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hey Brian, what did I do to have the honor to get so many mounts from you posted ?
    Man, again you satisfied us with two outstanding mounts, your resting cinny and the hen mallard are again examples for how to do perfect birds, thank you.

Rainer

4. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Young hunter's first duck.

Attached Files:

5. rai_red Thanks for hosting - you have some great mounts being showcased!!

I'd like to show these 2 beauties. They are by Brian Stahl (WOLFGANG) and Eugene Streekstra (WINGMASTER) and are the first 2 Bird mounts on our NEW Solid Pine, Rustic Stained Shadow Panels.

Mount By Brian Stahl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mount By Eugene Streekstra

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

LOL!!
    Nothing else to do this time of the year but work. To cold outside to do much else.

[​IMG]

7. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Glass eye, nice fluffy-headed pintail in an attention pose, I think the young hunter will be very happy with him
    Walnut, nice shadow-boxes but of course only half as good without this fantastic mounts of Brian and Eugene
    Brian, nice photo of your aviary with the red sky, had the same one three days ago here over the river Danube and thought about doing a picture of it but have been to busy while going out to hunt for ducks during the fall, better should have done the photo !!!

Rainer

PS : come on birders, please give us some more entries here

8. Popeandyoung - I've watched you post several pictures and each one gets a little bit better. Are you self-taught? I have a Stefan Savides "Mounting a standing waterfowl" DVD that I no longer need. I'll mail it to you free of charge if you'd like to have it. It's just collecting dust and might show you something you didn't know. I really enjoy watching people grow at this just as I'm trying to do and will help with whatever I can. Just let me know!

Glasseye - what a cute pintail. definitely will make a young hunter happy.

Chris - love the gwt's! I saw your before/after of that. really cool to see it come together.

Brian - we're starting to sound like a broken record with your mounts. AMAZING! How could we ever begin to critique perfection? Thank you for the ongoing tutorial as well. It's truly appreciated.

Rainer - wish I had a bird for you. hopefully by next week I'll have something.

9. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Last one from me this week.
    It's into the woods to play Lumberjack tomorrow then off to Lambeau Field to watch the Pack stomped the Cowboys into the frozen tundra on Sunday!!!

[​IMG]

10. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Thanks for your fantastic mandarin drake my friend, tomorrow I will go to a breeder who has three of them for me, one of them full winged, I think I will try a flying one.
    But is this all for this week ???
    Most birds from Brian, where are you other bird brains ???

11. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Not sure if I ever posted this one up.....

[​IMG]

and a newer piece...

[​IMG]

12. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Jim, thanks for posting this beautiful pair of woodies, I love to see the drakes together with the hens and what could be better, than at a nesting box and your resting wigeon is also a clean and wonderful mount.

Tank's , Rainer.

13. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Very nice jim.

14. igor

igor Member

Great hosting , Rainer. And great birds too

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire