1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Yeah!!! a supplier listened

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AFTHUNT, Jan 8, 2015.

1. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Active Member

I opened the new Head Quarters catalog and yes finally PRICE CODEING Thank You!!! I hope the rest of the suppliers follow suit!!!!

2. I was gonna post that the other day when my new catalog came! very cool!

although Im sure the word will get out what it all means or Joe Q. Public will see this post :eek:

3. tat

tat Member

I hope others will follow that also.

4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Rather than having a customer view the supply catalog wouldn't it make more sense to have photos of mounts in a photo album to look at? I know it will take work and time to assemble all this but if you do it as you complete each different mount and add to the book eventually they will not need to look at the supply catalog. Or am I oversimplifying this with logic?! Most taxidermists I talk to only do a few different positions of any mammal or bird they mount anyway. How many do they really need to look at anyway?

Vic

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I don't understand why this matters. Your customers should be coming to you because they like your work, not because of what the materials cost you. If they piss and moan about prices, maybe they aren't the customers for me. We all pay the same for materials and can all order from the same suppliers.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Personally I like the prices there instead of cross referencing. My mechanic lists his parts separately from his labor & I don't sit there thinking 'hmmm..... $40 in parts $200 in labor'.

7. dwimberly

dwimberly Member

MS
    Them being able to see my prices doesn't bother me either. I like to break things down for people because they know they aren't getting screwed. Granted I don't do this for every mount but if something special is needed, I like to tell them this is how much the parts are, shipping and my labor. Good customers understand that you are there to make money and they don't mind paying. I believe it builds trust with them. If they want to belly ache about me making a profit then they can go else where.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

The code is the price.

9. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

I agree. Ive been showing customers pose examples in catalogs for 20 plus years and never once had anyone comment on cost.

10. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

BINGO, just add a decimal, pretty easily deciphered

11. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Fantastic!

12. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Love it. I'm so tired of my customers looking at a catalog they found and asking me about the price and my mark up of items. I really mind it if they understood why I have a mark up but then again I'm sure they ask their mechanic the same thing.....