1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW # 2/2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by rai_red, Jan 12, 2015.

1. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hello together,
    first hosting week of this year is over and I want to thank all contributors.
    I hope, that we will have an other great week to come and hope to get some posts of the " old " bird-brains.
    My contribution will follow this evening, so far,

Rainer.

2. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

OFF, thank you for participating with such special mounts,
    your great horned is grandious and clean and an absolutely eyecatch together with that nice base, top taxidermy for me, perfect
    also perfet job on the red-tailed hawk, would be very nice to see him with the squirrel some day, thank you.
    Inspirated by this hawk, I will offer you one of my older mounts, a road-killed common buzzard,

Rainer.

Attached Files:

3. feather2009

feather2009 Member

i'll keep things rolling!

Attached Files:

4. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Good morning together, I don´t know where OFF´s post is gone and why, I hope, I didn´t say anything wrong.
    Daniel, thank´s for posting this beautiful pair of greenwings, I love this little ducks and I am keeping all of them in my freezer to mount them any day and not to eat them, they are to neat.
    You did a very good job on yours not only with this flushing pose you also gave them the right kick to set them in a perfect scene and show all of their colours,

Rainer.

5. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Hey Rainer hope all is well over there....
    Couple of old ones while I put the finishing touches on some new stuff this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

One more I stumbled across.

[​IMG]

7. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Man, Brian, I don't know where to start first.
    Thank you my friend for posting such high quality mounts here for us to see.
    Not only this never before seen pose of your Canadian is fantastic, the bird itself looks perfect,
    your hoody on that rock-base makes me dream about this beautiful birds, that I have seen on my trip to the US but didn't have a chance to reach them,
    this pair of pintails is my favorite and I can tell you, that I will copy this pair and hope it will come out as good as yours
    and your redhead, Brian, that is a hammer, a perfect bird, a perfect mount, nice, fluffy head, perfect eyesetting superb painting job, great,

thanks Rainer.

8. dmac1175

dmac1175 Active Member

Humble submission of a Wood Duck.

Attached Files:

9. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Good morning from Germany, I have been a little bit nervous to open this side this morning because of things that happen and I don´t understand and I wonder a little bit, that Jays post is before my last comment because I couldn´t see it earlier but I am happy my friend, that you did.
    Jay, you know, that I am a fan of your upland birds, your flushing rooster is a hit but this chicken is absolutely perfect. Together with this bunch of artificial leaves it looks totally perfect and I think your client will be very happy with this.
    dmac1175, thanks for posting your beautiful woody, a lot of breeders here in Germany raise them in many different colours but when I saw them in the US, flushing up in front of me or flying by, it is totally different than a breeder bird, they are great,

thanks so far, Rainer.

10. Spruce

Attached Files:

11. Would like to share this Coopers Hawk & Cedar Waxwing we recently added to our website. A beautiful mount by Arnold Wright of Owl Maker Bird Taxidermy out of Ontario Canada.

[​IMG]

12. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Hey everyone's birds look absolutely awesome :)

13. Willow

Attached Files:

14. Great looking birds everyone

Attached Files:

15. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

I was very happy to see some more posts here this morning so I want to say thank you to :
    AKFOWLPLAY for his beautiful, perfect done spruce grouse, they are so nice and on on the top of my wishlist and also thanks for your flying willow ptarmigan, that makes me dream about my coming Sweden-hunt next year
    Walnut, I understand, why you add this mount to your homepage, it is breathtaking
    Jason, nice, flying buffy, they are also one of my favorite birds and I hope to contribute with one of my own next week ( painting job an the feet to be done )

Rainer

16. Hi Rainer! I've been wanting to post something since you are the host but I don't have anything current so I am going to post a couple of my older ones I came across the other day. Good job hosting my friend!

Attached Files:

17. 8)

Attached Files:

18. Very nice everyone, finally have something to contribute
    [​IMG]

19. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Really nice work everyone. Love the jumping mallard. Heres a turkey just I finished up waiting to be picked up.

Attached Files:

20. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Good morning from Germany, as I hoped, there are some more contributions this morning.
    Cheri, thanks a lot for your first-class-mounts and very kind of you, that you found the time to post some of them being a full-time-Mum for Crosby ( LOL ), it means a lot to me to get some of your fantastic birds to have in this week, my favorite, the Euro wigeon and the pair of mallards
    ntxwaterfowl, fantastic action on your jumping mallard, absolutely real, I wish I could do such a scene too,
    Steve, thanks for your strutting gobbler, perfect look, I have seen this big birds flying when I have been in Minnesota last November, they are huge and I thought, capercallies are big, but turkeys are really big,

Rainer.