1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Louisiana Bird Permit

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by drewt202, Jan 13, 2015.

1. I'm currently trying to figure out if a permit or license is required in Louisiana to perform taxidermy on migratory birds. I've searched the web and taxi-net but haven't found anything. I need to figure this out so I can apply for the federal permit. Any help on this would be appreciated. Where to look or who to contact?
    Thanks Drew.

2. luciengwin4

luciengwin4 Member

SE MS
    I have a buddy that is a taxidermist and federal game warden in Louisiana and he told me that a state license was not required for him in Louisiana all he had to do was apply for the federal license.

3. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Just call them and ask..."I heard" gets expensive sometimes

4. Jake L

Jake L New Member

You do not need a permit in Louisiana to do any kind of taxidermy EXCEPT the federal migratory bird permit

5. no

6. Thanks for everyones input I'm going to check more into it

7. jwprentice1

jwprentice1 New Member

You can download the forms to apply for the Federal Taxidermy Permit-just Google Federal Taxidermy Permit forms. The cost is $100.00 for five year permit. I think you have to be 18 years of age to apply(not really sure about the age deal). Send your application to Migratory Bird Permit Office-P.O. Box 49208-Atlanta,Georgia 30359. Make sure you keep good records of birds taken in. You should be good to go.