1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Real bad server problems with Taxi-Net

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by joeym, Jan 18, 2015.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

For the past few days, anytime I type a response, I get an "500 Internal Server Error" message. The only way I can get rid of it is to log out and then log on again. It is really troubling to post a response, and then sit here wondering if it's going to post or not. Other website..ie Facebook, Email accounts, etc are a fast as usual, but Taxi-net seems to be very lethargic. Is there anything I can do to make it better?

2. akvz

akvz New Member

It's a problem of the website's server itself. Nothing you can do to help it, sadly. I feel bad because I think I have been PMing people 20 times from how many times it takes to send a message to someone.

3. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

Re: Real bad server problems with Taxi-Ne

Glad it's not just me , I am having the Same problem

4. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

Same here

5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have noticed since the last "upgrade" (or whatever it was when taxi.net was down a couple weeks ago) that I have been having problems staying logged in with a lot of lock ups. I also notice a lot of double posts because of the slow/unresponsive posting of messages when people click the post message again. I am sure the administrators are aware of it and are taking the necessary steps to try to resolve the issues. We just have to be patient for now.

Vic

6. Mason

Mason Active Member

Here also, Have to refresh or go back and try again many times. That is if the back button works. Usually it doesn't work . So I just go out of the page and start over. Bad thing is , you lose unread posts then. But, I wont growl . Just work with what is here! Cant complain , when it doesn't cost. Appreciate the site!

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Same here. The only problem I see festering on this issue is that more and more people are moving to Facebook simply because everything is faster and attaching photos is just so much easier. It will be a very sad day when we lose this site because of the website malfunctions. I continue to get more and more questions via Facebook than I do from my beloved Taxidermy.Net and that's disturbing to me.

8. George

That response alone took 32 seconds to load.

9. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I don't see this site going away any time soon George. A lot of folks on here don't do facebook (me for one). And the for sale and wanted items? Can facebook handle all that (I am serious because I do not have an account so I don't know the answer to that). Indeed, it would be sad to lose this site. I have learned so much on here.

Vic

10. George

Vic, the short answer is "absolutely". In fact, it's already going on there. There are several taxidermy themed chat rooms running there already. Erich Carter just did a complete tutorial on casting reproduction antlers with dozens of photos.

11. joeym

George, you are so correct. I wake up every morning by answering a few questions on topics that people are having issues with. I'm not going to waste time sitting in front of a monitor watching a little ball going around in circles searching for a server, and then lose my response. I love this forum. I have learned volumes in the past 10 years of participation. I don't want to see it take a back seat to another source of information.

12. Genestanfield

Genestanfield Lake of the Ozarks Outdoorsman

I had to re log in 3 times just to respond to your post
    grrrrrr

13. joeym

George, where is the tutorial located? I'd really like to see it.