1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey feet

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by WISEMAN, Jan 20, 2015.

1. WISEMAN

WISEMAN New Member

Was wondering if anyone ever tried injecting turkey feet with a silicone or caulk when mounting. Have used mb and other injections, but want to know if anything else would work?

2. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

I tried thinned down Elmer's glue one time. Worked ok but took awhile to dry.

3. capnmike

capnmike New Member

I doubt either would set up in any reasonable amount of time being in such a sealed environment. I bet gorilla glue would work but it expands some so you would have to be ready with some acetone. I like masters blend

4. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

You could inject them with anything that will go through a needle. Not sure why you'd want to try something else when there are very good, if not perfect options already out there. My first choice is formaldehyde (not one of the substitutes) and glycerin followed by putting the feet into the freezer for at least a week. I don't use that method except in certain competition pieces because I can't stand the fumes. The second best option, in my opinion, is masters blend.