1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ear Openers....In NEED

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by RWTAXIDERMY, Jan 22, 2015.

1. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I tried but just couldn't get the hang of it. like I said. he made it look easy. I kepted blowing out the ears. did I mention I use an ear wizard ;D

2. The ear wizard is designed to be put on a low table, because you should be looking staight down on the ears to get the control you need. To be comfortable your arms should be almost straight or about waist high. For higher tables you can make a wooden platform to stand on that would help. I would like to make them longer but everyone complains about the price and it would go up considerably to redo them and postage would be a lot higher. The reason I can sell them at the price I do now is because the manufacturer didnt charge me a dime for all the computer work it took to set up the machines to do all the laser cuts. This is very expensive but my son worked there at the time and they give it to me. He no longer works there so any changes would be costly. I was thinking about making an extention but then how long should that be, everyones tables are different heights.

3. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    If i were to have taken the time to modify the one i have i would have figured a way to put a telescoping piece on the end. I think that would be fairly easy to do with a minimal amout of work. You could use set screws to secure the to pc's together for adjustablitly or a pinning system with a little more work. I would also put the pedal perpendicular to the spreaders making it a little easier to stand straight to the opener while using it. Just suggestions...
    I like the concept of the ear opener, sure eliminates cramping of the hands.

4. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

George, what are "headliners"?

5. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Probably ear liners and autocorrect helped him out.