1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Piraiba form

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by piraiba, Jan 22, 2015.

1. piraiba

piraiba New Member

Greetings forum members.

I am at my wits end. I have called every fish Taxidermist I can find. I am looking for a Piraiba catfish form. I would like it to be 6 feet or bigger? Any help?

Regards,

Steve

2. piraiba

piraiba New Member

Nothing out there?

That's what I've found as well.

How does one make a form? I am not a taxidermist.

[​IMG]

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

You mean a replica? Completed?

Where are you and/or where was this caught?

4. piraiba

piraiba New Member

Yes, would like a replica mount, there are no forms or blanks or whatever they're called. Yes completed, ready to drive a nail into the wall.

I am in Phoenix, the fish was caught in far northern Brazil in the Guyana Shield waters.

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

That's a tough one. I think you would need to ship the fish to a taxidermist that is willing to cast it for you or have someone on site in Brazil. Maybe fly someone down there with the materials or do a plaster cast in the sand?

They stll have flow in Brazil? I thought Brazil was in a severe drought?

6. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Contact Mike Kirkhart he may be able to help. New Wave Taxidermy. Good luck, JL

7. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

To get a replica made of a fish there first has to be a mold made off a fresh specimen that size. I am not aware of any molds available for one that large. It is possible to make a custom sculpture from scratch using high density urethane. It is more expensive than a standard replica but can be done with good results. I would be glad to give you a quote. Www.donstaxidermy.com

8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Take fishmaster with you next trip!

9. Terrys Artistic Taxidermy

Terrys Artistic Taxidermy Fishing in Chernoble

I can sculpt that fish for you also. Check out my website at www.3dwildlifeart.com
    Terry