1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Little white flesh spots??

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by WMtaxi, Jan 22, 2015.

1. WMtaxi

WMtaxi Member

Ok i have beetles and they work fantastic but i find after i soak the skull for a bit the have little spots the bugs miss and its flesh but im not sure how to get those little pieces off? Do you scrape them or what because they are stuck on pretty hard. Is there somethingni can add to the degrease to losen them up?

2. Hungry Bear

Hungry Bear New Member

Re: Little white flesh spot???

I had the same thing happen. I found that if i rehydrate I water with a little ammonia they will clean up what is left.

3. WMtaxi

WMtaxi Member

Re: Little white flesh spot???

I tried that too but they seem to not want it at all. And now they have been in dawn and amonia so i dont want to put it in with the bugs and kill them

4. Hungry Bear

Hungry Bear New Member

I have used tergazyme to get rid of the left over flesh also. I found some people on here talking about it. I tried it on my own bear skull and those little pieces of flesh wiped off with a paper towel after soaking for 3 or 4 days. I did the same with a whitetail skull with some stubborn grease spots. The stuff seemed to work very well but is expensive. Amazon was the only place I could find it and its $30 plus shipping for 4 pounds but a little goes a long way. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in also.