1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

help us blind guys out please

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Mr.T, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I have been bumping around here, and I cant figure out how to post a thumbnail picture of me, could someone please share how we can make it happen? Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Click on "profile" just under the search bar. On the left where it says "modify profile", click on "Forum Profile Information". You have the option of picking a pre-loaded pic, linking to a pic on another server, or uploading a pic. I had to resize (using a different program) mine several times before the system would accept it.

3. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

James is right

You need to resize your thumbnail (known as an "avatar") in a photo-editing program. The optimum size for an avatar is anywhere from 72 pixels square up to 120 pixels. We will accept avatars as wide or as tall as 144 pixels, but at this size, some screens will only show a partial version with a scroll bar beneath the image.

Just as a reminder, the "Help" button at the top of the page explains how to use many of the new features.

4. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Yeah, It took me an hour of resizing to get George's pic small enough to fit! But then again it was the one I had over the fire place. LOL ;D

5. RAS

RAS Member

AL
    this may take a while, getting used to this new format I mean, but if we are not progressing we are moving backwards, right?

onward and upward! :-\

6. James Parrish

Once you get the hang of it, you'll love it. I visit several waterfowl forums and a deer forum that all operate very similar to this one. I think the best part is that topics that are active stay near the top.

7. James Parrish

Yep...looks good.

8. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

It'll take some time but- pretty cool!

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I tried to put up a pic of George Bush in a monkey face as my avatar but the pic was too big. Maybe it was a good thing. I'd probably be the first banned member. :eek:

10. It took a while, but I finally got my photo up.

Rich

11. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Wow, that made my head hurt. Should've had my kid do it for me I guess........ Now if I could just figure out how to go back and put Crusty where I meant to.......

12. I used the link to my server option and it must be running a conversion program cause it distorted the picture a bit, when I get a chance I'll change it to 120x120 and that should fix it.

Much better, now that I uploaded one of correct size.

13. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

EJ, you just ain't right.