1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

semco hide stretcher

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by timsayers, Jan 22, 2015.

1. timsayers

timsayers New Member

Has anyone used the stretcher, I bought one not getting the stretch I thought I would, I use it after I neutrlize the hide, any tips? Im using tru bond tannlng products

2. You mean SAMCO ???? Ive used it for several years. LOVE IT. I dont think you can expect to "double" the neck size or anything like that. it will help you gaint some extra room to work with but most of all I think it simply helps the taxidermist get that cape or skin back to its original size with causing damage or pulling hair out. Many times I have taken a cape out and simply hand stretched it for a quick test fit. If it is close to fitting then I know I wont have an issue if I hit it with the hide stretcher. It just works.

3. X2, been using one for years as well. It will give you that little extra needed.

For a little more stretch, mix a paste of water and baking soda and cover the neck area. let sit and use the SAMCO hide stretcher just before mounting..