1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

PVC fleshing beam

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Shedhead528, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Shedhead528

Shedhead528 New Member

Just curious if anybody has ever made a PVC fleshing beam and may have pics or links to another site that shows how it's done.

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

don't have pic. what I did is I got a 6' piece and cut 2'( of half of the with ) off so it lays flat on the table. then screw or bolt it down. hope I explained it OK.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

There was a link on here that was posted a few years ago. I think it went to a trapping forum. There were fleshing beams of every conceivable sizes, shapes, and materials. I was very impressed with all the PVC fleshing beams. Some were attached to the wall on hinges and folded down like an ironing board. Some were from a piece of pipe that was large diameter and some were small. Made for different sized critters. I saw a lot of very creative ideas that I used when I was making my skinning and fleshing room.

4. Here is a link to one that George posted.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,3633.msg18998.html#msg18998

5. I have one I use in my fleshing video in the tutorial section. 6" PVC pipe about 5 ft long that I can remove from my work bench