1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

No hosts ...Just posts! 2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by birdstuffer, Jan 24, 2015.

1. I decided to bring back my thread I started from last year. I won't post anything on BOTW anymore. These are what I finished last week. If you have any questions I will try and answer them...you can PM me too. Cheri

Attached Files:

2. one more...Have a great weekend everyone!

Attached Files:

3. Very nice Cheri! I don't blame you! I will be doing a mallard and wood duck soon and have been givin the freedom to mount how ever I want, I really like the pose you did on the mallard And on the wood duck he wants it on the wall standing, love the driftwood and grass background all as a wall mount,! also love your work your birds are beautiful hope mine turn out half as good! Thank you for bringing back your thread if it doesn't get deleted I'll try and post my birds when I'm finished!

4. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

good idea

5. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Try this Batman. Take a picture. Save it to your computer. Keep the pixels low start a yopic attach the jpg file of your picture voyla lol

6. Mr. Greenhead ...

[​IMG]

7. Tim I LOVE your water!!! Brings a :'( to my eye it's so beautiful! I can do still water and ripples and have read every tutorial I can find but everyone is so hush hush about beautiful splashes like that. I really pray to achieve it... The greenhead is of course superb as well!

Birdstuffer oh darlin your my idol!

8. Dogsoldierchick, Frank Newmyer has an excellent DVD on splashes, jumping ducks with water coming off there feet It is very detailed in explaining it! There may be newer ways of doing it by now but his DVD is very good! Hope this helps!

9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

great mount tim

10. Mr. Woody...

Attached Files:

11. Have a fun weekend y'all!

Attached Files:

12. Very nice Birdstuffer! Great looking cinnamon, I need that for my trio haa! You have a good weekend as well!

13. Tim, wood duck looks good I like the limb with the leaves. Also the Mallard and water scene Is very nice!

14. winston

winston Member

A customers sons first duck

Attached Files:

15. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

I'm envious of a lot o if the work I see here. I struggle sometimes with composition and getting that nice smooth finish. I'm hoping that the very near future is going to change because of some training that I'm lining up. Anyway. ... with my limited bird knowledge. .. I managed to mount a fair number last year and this year taking in almost 20 wooducks alone!! Here was the worst of the worst for me.... he had so many rips and tears. .... and the open mouth was a nice bird but lots of pin feathers. [​IMG][​IMG]

16. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

Josh good looking Woodie. Birdstuffer now that I see the Goldeneye in a flying position you make me wonder what pose I should do for the MO show this fall???? Nice birds all....

17. Jay your Goldeneyes rock!

18. Agreed! I love that mount (both versions). I can't really decide which I like better, they are both really nice.

19. webfoot123

webfoot123 New Member

The goldeneyes look good but I think I like the first one best and Cheri yours look good too

20. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

aw!!!! darn it Jay just when I was convinced a diver looks better swimming or standing you gotta' go throw that incredibled mount in the mix,makes me want to rethink my goldie hen now.