1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

No hosts ...Just posts! 2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by birdstuffer, Jan 24, 2015.

1. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Well-Known Member

Ryan, beautifully done surf scoter. I have never done one of those but yours looks great, Paul.

2. kong

kong New Member

birdstuffer beautiful waterfowl wow. I know what a pain geese as especially standing mounts, at least for me seams like when there wings are out the feathers lay nicer. one suggestion on the pheasants try "cupping" the tail feathers so the outside feathers are going to sit lower then the 2 long feathers if that makes sense. I never use to until I actually saw one that was mounted like that it adds a little something to the mount. or at least that's what I think.

3. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I haven't been on taxi net much in the last few months. I can't believe this post is 17 pages long! Some really great stuff on here too!
    Here's another I just completed...[​IMG]

4. capnmike

capnmike New Member

I mount a duck every once in a while

Attached Files:

5. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Capnmike. ..this thread is for mounted birds only! No live birds. Shame on you.;D

Awesome work on here as usual by everyone!

6. capnmike

capnmike New Member

Thanks Brooke. This is Darryls buddy in Florida btw. It was nice meeting you at the world show.

7. :D

Attached Files:

8. Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there!
    Thanks Rachel for the gifted Scoters!

Attached Files:

9. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Love the scoters Cheri!

10. Nice Birds Cheri, this is all I got a picture of is the pair of BWT I had brought to Louisiana show last month

Attached Files:

11. Your most welcome!! They look really great! Ill post up the woody in a few days.

12. Hello all, the woodie DOES look like a live bird lol! Well done and great looking sea ducks too!

13. Very nice to see everyone's work. I've still got a lot to improve on, but I thought I would share anyway. :)

[​IMG]

14. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Here is a brant I took to the Idaho taxidermists association convention a few weeks ago

Attached Files:

15. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Best individual waterfowl ITA show open class

Attached Files:

16. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Best bird group ITA show. Open class

Attached Files:

17. giveem3 steve

giveem3 steve Member

Sound shovelers I took to the ITA show as well

Attached Files:

18. Congratulations Steve! :)

19. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Steve,.. The mounts look great. Heck, I'm running out of time to get mine done for the MO show.

20. Have a great day!

Attached Files: