1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

No hosts ...Just posts! 2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by birdstuffer, Jan 24, 2015.

1. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Wow ... That is some amazing work.

Look its not a Sage Grouse, hahahahh .

[​IMG]

and a little different spin on a Sage Pair.

[​IMG]

2. nate

nate Active Member

Jay, love that dusky. Tried getting some of them when i was elk hunting. The front site was broke on my 22 pistol. Couldnt hit the broad side of a barn!! Lol. Next year!! ;)

3. LOVE the Blue Grouse Jay! They are few and far between here and not that pretty if they do come in!

4. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Damn, Falco do you ever do bad work..... These birds were fantastic to say the least.

5. It has arrived! Happy Friday!

Attached Files:

6. Roger Burwell

Roger Burwell New Member

Can someone point me in the direction of a video or dvd so that I can learn how to do a dead hang mount please. Thanks

7. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Well-Known Member

Hello just so your aware you just added to a post that's been sitting since 2016. I have a question have you. Have mounted a bird/duck before? If not any bird mounting video will get you started. If you have just take the bird you are mounting and loosen the joints by lightly pulling on the wings, legs and manipulating the head/neck so the bird is loosened up. Take a string and hang it by a leg. Belly out or back out whatever you like. Open or close the wings until you get it to look the way you like. Take a picture of it and you have a great reference picture to use. Mount the bird as usual and mimic what your picture shows you. Good luck and stay safe sir.

magicmick likes this.