1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

No hosts ...Just posts! 2015

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by birdstuffer, Jan 24, 2015.

1. wings II

wings II New Member

[​IMG]

2. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

I´ll take the hoody

3. wings II

wings II New Member

Rainer - I thought Brooke was going to hook me up with some nice Hooded Mergansers this year but they never showed....however I think Todd has a nice one for us. :)

4. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Matt, I have a beautiful pair in the freezer, the only two ducks we have got in Mn, I will keep them till you are here.

5. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

Got a chance at some hard to get exotic birds and finally got around to this guy! It a White-backed Mousebird from the southern tip of Africa. Crazy weird birds. Dark nearly black skin 4-5 times thicker than other birds the same size, very long tail, body feathers not connected together so it's more like fur, and feet that have opposable toes that go in all directions. Also the never perch like normal birds. They are either hanging from a branch like they are doing a pull up, perching with their chest on top of their feet, or they are sitting on the ground with their butts legs out in front of them. Easiest small bird I've ever mounted. Makes me want one as a pet! However they have to eat fresh fruit every couple hours and they cost about $250+ for a hand raised baby...

What do you guys and gals think of the base? Just a candle stick from thrift store, a cut off branch, and some dried macro-algae glued on for "moss"...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Beautiful birds cheri,redtex,matt and every one.lizardfeathers,beautiful bird but it eats meat,eeww.he would look amazing on some cacti..still looks cool..

7. wings II

wings II New Member

OK - that sounds like a plan Rainer :)

8. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

Eats meat? Huh? ???

I wish I had cacti, but the plants I had were either way different than African species or too "fake" looking...

9. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Whow..hahaha...wth...thats what it said on my phone ......things have been wierd .....did you take it out..lol...im totally loosing it..thats why i was thinking such a cute little birdie on minute and it will rip your face off the next haha..dang

Yea,i hear you on the fake plant and cacti thing.you did good with the alternative.

10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

beautifully composed game mounts Milo.....not a big fan but you captured what game mounts are intended to represent..nice!

12. HUYE

HUYE Member

[​IMG]

13. wings II

wings II New Member

HUYE - most Harli mounts you see are standing or dead mount... it's nice to see a flyer - well done.

14. HUYE

HUYE Member

[​IMG]

15. Nice Harlies Jay! Good luck tomorrow...

16. wings II

wings II New Member

X2 Jay!!

17. wings II

wings II New Member

[​IMG]

18. Here is a couple from last week

Attached Files:

19. mottle duck

Attached Files:

20. speck

Attached Files: