1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What Happened to thread??

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by KDPSR, Jan 26, 2015.

1. KDPSR

KDPSR New Member

What happened to the mounting a woodduck thread by wolfgang? Has it been moved?

2. fireduck

fireduck Member

I agree, went back to it yesterday and was kind of ticked, I liked that thread like to see more of those

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    There was some childish, school yard BS that went on, so it was removed. It is a shame.

4. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Smalls, you are wearing me out. First you pick fights with tony finazzo, Pete pec, duxrus, now kma. You are flirting with being a creepy pyscho. You accuse others of calling people nasty things then you copy a post of your boy doing the exact same thing. You are slitting your own throat. What a hypocrit!!

5. wctaxidermy1

wctaxidermy1 Member

Ken should now charge money for this site, because all it has become is adult daycare!!! It would be a gold mine I know what it costs for my kids. Think what he could charge for adults!!! :eek: You won't see me changing them diapers. Membership would include a free pacifier. :-[ Good grief fellas!!

6. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Lol! I always tell our rookie fire fighters right before they break not to get so mad at the agitation. When they do they just give the boys more ammo. They will pounce like a buzzard on a dead skunk. You have to give it up smallie. Let it go. Leave it alone. I'm trying to give you an out before you get yourself in to deep. I feel like I need to help you like one of those rookies. Relax, it's ok. Please find a way to move on.

7. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Smalls, thousands of things are bought and sold here daily. You could start a site where everyone has a button to save screenshots. Now that would be something cool.

8. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Not only can you be a customer, you can be the CEO.

9. KDPSR

KDPSR New Member

What a damn shame, squabbling, by adults no less, has resulted in a thread that was helping lots of people out gets pulled. This was one of the better threads / tutorials on here. People forget that this site is one of the primary resources available for people starting out, like me. People who appreciate all of the advise offered, no matter from whom. People who since they are new will more than likely support the sponsors of this site when buying their first supplies and equipment, which in turn will help keep the site supported.

Why couldn't it have been edited and put in the tutorial section instead of being pulled down?

10. KDPSR

KDPSR New Member

OH, sorry I forgot

Thank you wolfgang. It was a great post and I learned a lot. I sincerely appreciated the effort you put into it.

KDPSR

11. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Wolfgang is the one that pulled it down. Ask him why cuz I don't think anyone knows.

12. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

They wanna blame it on one guy for asking a legitimate question about his method. Wolfgang then deleted all of his posts and the thread was yanked. That is exactly what happened and I have no idea why. They say he was forced out. Not really sure how that happens, but allegedly it did. I dunno.

13. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

I really enjoyed Wolfgangs tutorial. I am sorry that it is not on this site anymore. I am going to try a Taverner Goose through the back today. Love you all! Have a great Monday!

14. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

The best part of that thread was Smallie giving Wolfgang and other folks in the top of the class tips.... ;D ;D ;D

For a self proclaimed Christian, Smallie you sure do like throwing stones. Might want to re-read that book again because it seems you missed the part about not passing judgment on others. In one breath you are calling someone out for acting childish yet this is about your hundredth post doing the exact same thing. ???

15. RedTx

RedTx New Member

Don't worry I bet if you asked KMA he would put a tutorial just like Wolfgangs, I mean he has done a lot of tutorials....well maybe only two. It's worth a try everybody on here talks about how helpful he is so might try to pm him.

16. Your really funny Drakeman! Blah blah blah! Why don't you give it a break!

17. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    Here is a issue I see is just giving away knowlege openly. In fields like this and other "trades" knowlege is power. How can you ask someone to pour out all they know and have aquired over time and or cost to getting where they are at. Doing this devalues there work as a person and eventually as a whole. To ask and/or expect someone to do this just blows my mind.

Granted there is a side to it that some people have and some people don't and may never have. I just see it as if you want to know how someone does something go take a class with them, it is the least you can do for the time they have put in to turn out a product or the money they have spent to have other taxidermist to teach them the trade.

I often wondered why i got overlooked on questions and such. I will tell you if you put in the work and are have reoccurring issue and ask you will get help. I'm young and I just see this as part of my generation that wants spoon fed information at no cost with out even trying.

At the end of the day what went on is some schol yard BS and people made choices and that's that.

Take my .02 cents for what it's worth

18. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Me give it a break??? I'm not the one picking the fight. Simply defending a guy that has done more for this industry and this forum than you two clowns(red tx and sitting duck) could ever dream of! Redtx as far as Matt doing tutorials, he has done more than just two I assure you, and I mean in depth tutorials. If you add up all the tips, hints, tricks, and advice he has given to many it would equal hundreds of tutorials. What do you want him to do? Share everything he has spent his life learning about taxidermy for free!!??? You know he supports his family solely on taxidermy?? Take his class and you will learn plenty. Believe me I don't want to be chiming in on this matter but I refuse to sit back and watch a mans character be attacked like this. Remember I didn't start the magic trick thread, and I will never start a thread attacking someone in this manner. Some of the things being said are borderline defamation of character, libel, and slander! You do know he teaches classes and workshops don't you? Many others have taken them and I'm sure he would be happy to teach you a thing or to. Wolfgang has never even said why he shut down his thread. However a few here want to make assumptions and say "oh poor wolfie was bullied and forced out". REALLY? If you two fun boys have nothing nice to say then pipe down!!!

19. drakeman

drakeman Active Member

Well said fowlweatherfowler. Bingo! I'm glad you get it. I am sure Matt will be more than happy to help you if you just ask. Just shoot him a pm. thats how i always did it. He is a wealth of knowledge.

20. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

As George said in the Why? thread …

"I just have to comment on your remark about "trade secrets". I swore against them when I was about 15. I swore if I ever learned ANYTHING and could help someone, I'd tell them. Do you know what lesson I learned quickly? The guy I shared my "secret" with usually opened up and shared HIS secret and we ended up making each other better. It's worked for over 50 years now. Every time I think I have a better idea, someone else makes it an even better idea. I try to teach others to be better than I am and end up making myself better in the process. Imagine that?"

and

"I personally have no secrets and will usually answer any question that I'm familiar with IF I KNOW. Still, it's MY GIFT to that person, not a debt. I learned what I share through hard knocks and failures. Most of all, however, I can't share TALENT. I've told my dear friend Ken Walker that he doesn't mount a bear any differently that I do, I just don't see it through his eyes, mount it with his hands, or have the magic he seems to exhibit when he does it. The mechanics of it are exceptionally easy and can be taught to anyone. The talent, however, is never transmissible."

There are many here with a wealth of knowledge, and Brian and George are also on that list.