1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

moose neck mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bigbucks, Jan 28, 2015.

1. bigbucks

bigbucks Member

Is it possible to do a moose neck mount? Customer cut cape off right where shoulders start. Will antlers hit. And any form recommendations. About a 48 inch moose. 31 inch neck. If possible how about reattaching a board on back for hanging.

2. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

You can probably modify a shoulder mount, But don't forget to charge the customer for the extra work

3. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

May need to tip head down for clearance. Bondo back board.

4. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Habitat covers alot of clients mistakes.

5. A moose rack is really heavy. I would do more than just bondo on a new backboard. I would run some threaded rod from the top of the neck with a nut and washer on each end to hold everything together. Probably do that several places around the side of the neck too.

Bruce

6. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I have used bondo. But I prefer using foam to attach the back board. When you staple the hide to the back board it can't go anywhere

7. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Most times the form is cut for shipping, work with the supplier, ask them cut it where you need it. I also reinforce the neck on moose mounts, those antlers are awful heavy.