1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ February Edition 2015!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ February Edition 2015!!!!!!!

A warm Hello to one and all from The Florida State Taxidermist Association! I hope you’re The Convention and association season is in full gear and I hope folks are taking advantage to go out and see new products, see old friend, make new ones, and learn a bunch of new things to help your work get to where you want it to be! I’ll be in Georgia the 3rd weekend this month and I hope t see you at the upcoming conventions this year!

The year for this year of 2015 is the year of Courage! This year I want to you to consider to try something new or work on some thing that your juts not that confortable with to elevate your skill levels to a new heights! I remind my self personally that it is the day to day things we are so comfortable with and it is the scary things some times we don’t like to do that makes us better at what we do! Give it a shot and lets see you up the game for you!

Once again want to thank and commend all of you, as there are so countless unique contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from many, many years now! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in November for Fish pictures it was and thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We all share in fish pictures as a common place with friendliness and positive observations of inspiration as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I thought it would be different and fun to share a few photos of fish work in progress. We all have the opportunity to share work in progress so maybe a few photos of your work in progress this month might just be fun!

I want to start the February with some fish photos for the Florida State Taxidermist Association show! Please enjoy the month of February and the inspiring fish photos supplies by all the great fishheads from all over the world! Have a great month!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in March 2015!!!

So here we go and here is to a great February and a great Month in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon in my travels and be good to one another!

Here’s to great February and lots of Cool Fish Photos! God Bless you one and all and I hope you all have a safe and Blessed 2015!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road Hinsdale
    New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry

Here are a few photos from my cell, Sorry for the photo quality!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. barend

barend Member

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ February Edition 2015!!!!!!!

Nice pics. Thank you for sharing Rick. Hope you are all keeping well. :)

3. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

How much snow did you get Rick? Over 2 feet here and drifting....will have to carry a red balloon on a string for safety. JL

4. Bryan Russell

Bryan Russell Active Member

Oh well ,what the heck................. 8)

Attached Files:

5. Picture quality not the best but oh well[​IMG]

6. UFD

UFD New Member

22 x 16.75 Smallmouth recently molded, #SM-1, weighed 7.04 on grocery scales.

[​IMG]

7. UFD

UFD New Member

50 lbs. of Steelhead for a client, 24 and 26 pounds, caught from the same river but a couple years apart from each other and in different locations of the river. Before paint and after paint:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Smart, Rick....hitting the Southern shows in the winter. Kathie wont mind plowing all that snow right?...lol.

Nice work Bryan and OFH......and Dave, I know you are a cold water guy mostly, but that smallie is super clean and tight. I like how you can take a white fin and totally make it look translucent, especially the anal fin. Really like that Hog!!! And as always, your steelie's are awesome.......

9. den007

den007 Active Member

Yeah, how do you do it Uncle Dave? For the less talented out here, could you just cast the fins in clear?

Bryan, absolutely gorgeous fish……..esp. those eyes!

10. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

As always .....

As always Dave ....... very nice! ! ! !

:)

Kerby...

11. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Nice fish so far. Here is a 12" bass that went out the door this week.

Attached Files:

12. I believe this may be my first ever post in the fish section! Here is my daughter Alexa (5 1/2) and her little shiner she just compleated. Shes going to take this one to the WI show in a few weeks and is pretty proud of it as am I. Alexa says her for her next fish she wants to do a little cat fish. Excuse my poor cell phone pic.
    [​IMG]

13. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

I like that Clint!

14. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Beautiful UFD ::) Ollie

15. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

UFD glad to see you posting again, your work on the fish and habitat is some of the best ever, thanks for sharing. Clint that's a nice mount and picture of your daughter, good luck in the competition.

16. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Thanks for posting guys. Awesome stuff

17. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Here is an old 2nd I had laying around . Issues on the backside. I couldn't sell it, so I used it for my brothers birthday gift. He caught an unusually violet bluegill a bit ago, and I wanted to portray that moment we had.

GREAT WORK this month. Just outstanding stuff.

Jimmy

Attached Files:

• rz.jpg
      rz.jpg
      File size:
      62.5 KB
      Views:
    • rz2.jpg
      rz2.jpg
      File size:
      65.7 KB
      Views:
  18. dougp

dougp Active Member

Very nice Jimmy. Your brother must really appreciate that! Great to capture a moment....wonderful momento....

Great work to all.....

DougP

19. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

UFD, man what a nice blank!

20. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

I like that a lot Jimmy. Thanks for sharing the memory.
    Best, Scott