1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie epoxy

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Guttbag22, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Guttbag22

Guttbag22 Member

Just used the stuff last night on two deer heads no that impressed with it

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

And the reason you weren't was......................................?????

3. Guttbag22

Guttbag22 Member

The one part is hard to get out of container and the other is like glue so it was hard to tell if it was even mix. The next time I'm going to warm the one side up see if that helps I just checked them seem to do well for holding so that's good

4. George

Epoxies are temperature sensitive. Its not just McKenzie. ALL brands react to cold. If your shop isn't 70° then you're going to have problems. Put it in the microwave for 20 seconds or set them in hot water an hour before you plan on using it . Like many things, its not the product but rather the user not familiar with the property's characteristics.

5. Guttbag22

Guttbag22 Member

Thanks George I will give that a shot still have a lot left to use

6. Be careful you don't use it when it is too hot. It will set up really fast!!

Bruce

7. George

LOL Thanks Bruce. I forgot to add that important point. The hotter it is, the faster it catalyzes.

8. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

Just got a new containers of magic smooth, wow, smooth. The past stuff I purchase from a guy going out business, was stiff like trying to work with frozen ice cream. I should have asked how old the stuff was, but seems like good price.

9. I just used the small containers on deer earliners this past week. Normally I am an Epo Grip clear paste addict, but wanted to give this stuff a try. I have to say if you can sacrifice the 6 minute set up time, its good stuff. I have no drumming and the glue is cured. For a fraction of the price I may just need to get used to the longer set time.