1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nebraska State Taxidermy Association Turkey Hunt Auction #2!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by B.S.O'Hare, Feb 1, 2015.

1. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

Well turkey season is right around the corner, and as a way to give back to our association, one of our members has offered his turkey leases up for auction again! All proceeds go directly to the NSTA! The generous donation comes from Bill Harmon of Basset NE. Bill has a couple of leases totaling around 800 acres in North Central Nebraska. The hunting area is made up of timber/creek bottom/ and pasture land with cornfields nearby. The specifics of the hunt would be worked out between the buyer and Bill, but he said it would be a 3 day deal and could either be self guided or semi guided, depending on what the purchaser wanted. Here is the good part, this will be a two bird hunt, but if you were interested in doing this, and want to get your kids in on it, Bill will allow an additional 2 birds to be taken by youth hunters (kids under age of 16)!
    Spring turkey season opens March 25 for archery and April 18 for shotgun (youth shotgun opens April 11) and all close May 31. Nonresident turkey permits are $95 for nonresidents and $5 for nonresident youth!

Post any questions here and we will do our best to answer em for you!

Keeping in mind this hunt could be good for up to 4 turkeys in a "destination" location, and all the proceeds go back to our state association, lets start the bidding at $350! Bidding to close at 9:00 p.m. central time Feb. 23 2015

Will work out payment details with the winner upon completion of the auction. Happy bidding and good luck!

Same pics as last year:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wright

wright Timothy Wright

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was the winning bidder last year (stole it )
    what an awesome time i had, sure i was optimistic, but it turned out absolutely awesome. i arrived at Bills shop on a Thursday afternoon, we chatted for an hour or so then he took me out to the property for an afternoon hunt. within 30 minutes of his departure i had a bird in front of me, but he wouldn't give me a shot. i was out there from Thursday through Sunday and was on birds every hunt, Bill made sure i was seeing birds . i have to recommend a great place to get a HUGE burger in town also, probably want to skip a meal before you try to eat one. i went as a stranger, and left as a friend of Bill and his wife Jeana and grandson Hunter. Bill even took me on an afternoon sight seeing tour. If you have any questions about this hunt i am more than willing to talk to you. Tim Wright 270-985-8660 call or text and i will fulling to over my experience fully..

3. Hoody

Hoody New Member

I will do 350 Brandon

4. wright

wright Timothy Wright

hey folks, you cant beat this deal. check out outfitters prices. starting at $900 per person,, kids don't get a break, i wish that i had one to go with me last year..

5. 375

6. jptaxi

jptaxi New Member

IL

7. jptaxi

jptaxi New Member

IL
    what is the closest town ? Thanks,

8. Wildlife Obsessions

Wildlife Obsessions New Member

Not much time left get your bids in!!! I want to thank everyone for biding and Bill for donating the hunt, I heard it is a great time... Good luck to all and safe hunting!!

9. 425

10. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

Basset NE is the closest town.

11. Olaus

Olaus Member

$500.00

12. bobcatbill55

bobcatbill55 New Member

ainsworth is 20 miles west valentine is 1 hour west oneill is 1 hr east all on hi way 20. bassett is about a half hour south of the niobrara river and property is a couple miles south of the river good luck bidding not much time left!!!

13. 510

14. Olaus

Olaus Member

Nice my 12 year old son is crushed.

15. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

Congrats bucknut! Sneaking in a bid with only a tenth of a second to spare!

16. bobcatbill55

bobcatbill55 New Member

bucknut has scored his 1st tom 2 hrs after headed to blind on his hunt in nebraska on the nebraska taxidermy associations turkey hunt 4-19-15, 4 hrs after arriving in bassett nebraska!!

17. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

Nice! Post some trophy photos when ya get a chance!

18. Back in MN! Had a great time hunting with Bill - he was a great host. Nice looking country. Like Bill said, I called in a great tom the first night. Shot him at 12 yards. It was super windy the whole trip I know the wind always seems to blow out west but this was 25-30 mph wind the whole trip. Not ideal for turkey hunting. Had a jake at my deke for 3 hours on day 2. Then on day 3 I shot the second tom. Another great bird. Thanks Bill for a great hunt!

19. bobcatbill55

bobcatbill55 New Member

bucknut scored his second bird tuesday evening, nice inch spurs and 9 1/2 beard. weather was crappy chilly and very windy all three days he was here but said he had a good time!!!!

20. 2nd bird

Attached Files: