1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

TEXAS (FREE) SPRING SEMINAR AND BOARD MEETING, FEB 20-21

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Jerry Huffaker, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Who: All taxidermists are cordially invited to attend the Texas Taxidermy Association, Inc.’s (TTAI) FREE 2015 Annual Educational Mini-seminar. This is usually a TTAI member’s only event. Join us in the fabulous Texas Hill Country for two days - 2/20 & 2/21. Bring your Valentine or all your family, too! This is one place they will really enjoy.

What: The TTAI 2015 Mini Seminar – featuring two great options.

“Waterfowl Mounting Seminar – by Award Winning Taxidermist: John Paul Barber” 2013 National Champion. Besides being an excellent bird taxidermist, John Paul is also a member of the TTAI Board of Advisors. The seminar will start with set up about 1 PM on Friday and then all day on Saturday.

There will be a room full of state and national champion taxidermists to assist and answer questions for all the participants.

“Hands On Game Head Mounting- With TTAI Master Taxidermists” Participants may bring a whitetail or similar sized species (i.e. axis, fallow, black buck, or small African game head) or a small mammal shoulder mount. The seminar will cover form alterations, anatomy and mounting. Those who want to participate need to bring the following items:

· Form - For the mount, have it prepared (i.e. roughed up & ready to go)
    · Cape - Prepped and repaired the best you can. Instructors will go over it with you prior to your mounting it.
    · Supplies – eyes, hide paste, clay, needle, thread, modeling tools and small paintbrushes, etc.
    · Tools and Equipment – mounting stand, cordless drill, Dremel, screws and anything else needed.
    · Tarp or some similar sized plastic to place on floor under work (required.)
    Where: Seminar at the Inn on Barons Creek in Fredericksburg, Texas. This all-suite hotel is a 5-minute walk from the National Museum of the Pacific War and the shops and restaurants of Main Street. There's a complimentary breakfast bar, plus a heated outdoor saltwater pool, an exercise room and a full-service spa.

Address: 308 South Washington Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624

Call (830) 990-9202 – Make your reservations ASAP. Rooms are going fast. Room with TTAI discounted rate is $119 per night plus tax. Rooms are available until they are sold out.

When: Friday, February 20th at 1 PM. Hands on mounting participants can use this time for set up until 6 PM. Then start on Saturday February 21, 2015 at 8 AM. We will work until we get finished. Feel free to attend our Board Meeting on Friday at 6:30 PM.

Questions: For more information please visit our web site at www.ttai.org or call a Board Member.

2. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Hope to see y'all there!

3. Bangle

Bangle New Member

I attended this event last year...it is an AWESOME weekend event. I had a great time and I learned a lot, not just about taxidermy, but about the subject I chose to mount as well. The TX masters are no joke, they are very knowledgeable and great people to be around.

I'll be making my reservations and ordering my supplies this weekend for the event. I really look forward to attending again and learning a few new tricks. I'd encourage anyone who is able to attend to make the trip...this is a learning experience that is fun, affordable, and social.

I look forward to seeing everyone!

4. Trophy Artist

Trophy Artist New Member

I am for sure going to this. No better way to learn new things than to have masters watch you mount something and being open to some constructive critiques or time savers. It is amazing what they will catch and be able to help you out with. And it is all done with the right attitude. If you are intersted learning some new things, this is the place in Texas.

Trophy Artist

5. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

Hey Guys even if you don't have a mount to bring come on anyway and watch over the shoulder.
    It will a great way to pick up on tips of all kinds.
    It's a great chance to pick up on different ways of doing things.
    I look forward to catching up with everyone in our industry.
    The Pacific War Museum is an awesome place to visit so bring the family; the wife (or Husband) will find loads of things other than Taxidermy to do in Fredericksburg.
    See Y'all there!!! James Newport

6. Jerry,
    Sounds good, was hoping we could make it but just too much to do here, maybe next year, have fun in the hill-country!
    DC

7. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

James, Randy and I aren't gonna be able to make it the year with our work schedule.:'(

I was hoping we could get off since I REALLY wanted to make the John Paul Barber bird seminar. I learned so much last year from Brandon Zahn, and just talking to the other taxidermists that it seems a waste that we can't come this year. Randy's deer improved immediately and he is still using the techniques that you, Clay, and the other awesome Taxis showed him last year...FOR FREE!!!!

If you can attend this seminar I HIGHLY reccomend it. It is a TOTAL learning atmosphere and very informal. No egos, no competition. Just Taxidermists helping Taxidermist and exchanging information FOR FREE!!!

8. Tri-State

Tri-State Member

Imagine being in a big room with 20 big screen TV's all playing instructional videos at the same time. Difference is there are a 10 or 12 master taxidermists walking around telling you better and faster ways to take your taxidermy to the next level at the same time.

The TTAI Convention is the superbowl of Taxidermy conventions. And the TTAI Spring Seminar is the Pro-Bowl.

No info or help will be withheld. Last year we had people mounting their very first gamehead there. Others that had mounted hundreds of gameheads, and ALL benefited. Bobcats, Whitetail, Exotics, Muleys, Pronghorns, etc.....

The masters aren't just pointing and talking either. They dive right in and get their hands dirty.

Come check it out. Come see why the TTAI is one of the most powerful forces in the Taxidermy industry today. Come have fun.

9. Yeah! Last year's mini seminar in Marlin was a first for me, and after that I vowed to make an effort to attend every year to come. Hoping to be there on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

10. wings II

wings II New Member

I just completed my delivery for Jet's taxidermy and I'm leaving Kerrville now. I've got another stop to make but I'll see y'all at the board meeting. :)